Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

calipers

1619 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  SoulReaver
So, I'm trying to find some color matched calipers for my '00 GT. Anybody have suggestions as to where I can look? Or maybe suggestions on some new ones to buy and a specific paint for this application (although I'd prefer not to have to paint anything myself)? I am picking up the pads and rotors from this group buy: http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111741
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Bring me your calipers and I can paint match them to your car (or ship them), I'm in VA. I own and operate SC-Customs www.sc-customs.com

Here's basically what you're trying to do (only difference, this is ultra red pearl and you have patriot red)
See less See more
ship them to me and ill do it for 50 shipped
ive seen sc customs work all over this site and up close, its all clean and top quality, go for scc
For a daily drivier i dont see the point in going through the hassle of color matching. They are just going to get dirty while driving. I would paint them a compliment color or just red. My paint color is patriot red and i used the red from G2CaliperPaint and just added in a touch of black to the paint. You honestly cant tell a difference and it only cost ~$20.

I love your work Hijacker but you dont ever drive your car thus its going to stay looking good. Where as a daily driver you're never going to tell the difference.
It's hard to compete with G2 caliper paint, it lasts and dirt washes off it really well.
Uh-oh, competition!
I can't compete with $50. Hell, it costs that much just to ship all 4 based on weight, so 04GSNA can handle this as a personal transaction if he wants.

I love your work Hijacker but you dont ever drive your car thus its going to stay looking good. Where as a daily driver you're never going to tell the difference.
Actually - I paint matched those calipers when I still drove the car and I put about 5k miles on them and they were fine. As long as you wipe off the calipers the same time you clean the wheels, they maintain well. The true test was when I matched the calipers to white on a white car and I put roughly 40k on them. Granted, I had to do a "refresher" and go over them again about a year into it, but - that lasted well too.

Yes, G2 paint is very good stuff and is best when doing standard colors like white, black, etc. Unfortunately, I know where soulreaver is coming from. Ultra Red Pearl and Patriot Red are bitch colors to work with. Nothing works unless you paint match or just go black. You can pull off a very dark silver or bronze, but - it's still a challenge.
Took this this weekend, G2 red on 2000 patriot pearl red GT. Caliper Paint 5+ years old
See less See more
I like the color matching rear-view mirrors, too!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.