Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Calling all Fort Wayne People!!!

1522 Views 27 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  DV8
Eclipse117 and I are thinking about starting up a group in Fort Wayne, contact Eclipse117 for the details... Leave comments if you have any ideas...
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Check my Indiana ORP thread in the regional... We should all meet at ORP May 10th.

cszink, call me sometime for the photoshoot!
im in champaign, ft wayne is about 2hrs from me....but for a day over a weekend i may very well come out.......
That would be tyte. We are looking for pretty much anyone who lives in Fort Wayne and in the surrounding areas. We are in the process of getting days organized, but if we are lucky it will be soon. Only time will tell. If anyone of you know of people within the area tell them about this!
:ghey2:

What is with the trend of trying to start local groups nowadays? Maybe all of you should participate in the GLR meets more often instead of being hermits and only going to stuff that is very close to you.
:ghey2:

What is with the trend of trying to start local groups nowadays? Maybe all of you should participate in the GLR meets more often instead of being hermits and only going to stuff that is very close to you.
:agreed:
Well I'm sorry you feel that way, but everybody has to start somewhere, and to be honest most of the big groups you guys talk about probably started out small and "hermit like" as you so called it. We are happy with what we have. :)
Well I'm sorry you feel that way, but everybody has to start somewhere, and to be honest most of the big groups you guys talk about probably started out small and "hermit like" as you so called it. We are happy with what we have. :)
When we started there wasn't a big group in the GLR because the car was still new. There is now a base of active members and big meets throughout the region. The reason our meets are successful is because we are willing to travel more than 20 miles and contribute to the meets. Get out of your little bubble and meet other members in the region and contribute to the whole GLR. :wavey:
Like I said we are happy with what we have. Plus not everyone has the time or privileges to commit themselves to regional group, doesn't mean they aren't willing. Thats one of many reasons why local groups are made, so they can drive 20 miles one way and go back home the same day with only 20 miles to drive, instead of driving from state to state.I have nothing against GLR. It sounds like it would be a cool group to be in, but as of now I have no time for that. I would rather be in local group who share the same car interests as me instead of no group at all. Its close,simple and fun. Who could complain about that?
wingedwarrior? looks pretty cool. I have never been to one of those. I have been to a really small one at the auburn kruse auction. Where is this performance challenge & car show going to be held at?
Like I said we are happy with what we have. Plus not everyone has the time or privileges to commit themselves to regional group, doesn't mean they aren't willing. Thats one of many reasons why local groups are made, so they can drive 20 miles one way and go back home the same day with only 20 miles to drive, instead of driving from state to state.I have nothing against GLR. It sounds like it would be a cool group to be in, but as of now I have no time for that. I would rather be in local group who share the same car interests as me instead of no group at all. Its close,simple and fun. Who could complain about that?
At least you know your limits and don't talk about showing up for meets then never show :cough: 4G64TT and Lunar :cough:. But you are right in the center of the 2 main meets that go on on in the GLR. 3 hours to the east is Alum Creek and 3 hours to the west is Normal. Then again you are 19 so you probably should stick to your F&F car groups with Casey :fawk: for another couple years
:fawk: Crow! There are no Subaru's in F&F...well 'till now.

www.wingedwarrior.net
It's held at O'Reilly Raceway Park (formerly Indianapolis Raceway Park)
Get on www.indycarscene.com, sign up and check it out. I have the same s/n on there.
It's pretty much too late to compete, but you can come watch. It's all day this saturday.

Grissom AFB in Peru is next weekend. You can still register for that on www.myautoevents.com. www.indyscca.org has information on all the autocrosses and other SCCA events in the Indy region.
I would like to see how the subarus compare to the lancers. That would be in a great competition in my opinion. Sounds like it would be a great place to go for the weekend!! I'm not sure if I can go, but I would like to. How many times do they hold these evets during the year??
The lancer's have no chance, unless you are talking STi vs EVO.
Like I said, look at www.indyscca.org for the schedule. Winged Warrior only happens once a year.
:cough:copout:cough:
The lancer's have no chance, unless you are talking STi vs EVO.
Like I said, look at www.indyscca.org for the schedule. Winged Warrior only happens once a year.
so are you racing at ORP this sat?

I'll be there with the madcou guys...about 10-11ish..
ORP is fun, supposed to be domestic vs. imports, but that doesn't really happen on the strip..

if anyone of you guys are going, let me know! so i can meet a few local members. :)
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.