Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tired
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the next few days I plan on installing my Kyb Agx's with some eibach sportlines. I have 19x8.5 Rims which Im not sure makes a difference in needing anything extra or not. But is any camber kit on either front or back going to be needed for this install? Thanks

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I don't recall the drop on the sportlines, and don't feel like searching for you right now, but I'm pretty sure a camber kit will be needed front and rear. I have the TEIN S-techs and it was definitely needed...I bought an SPC front camber kit from Dan (WeSellCarParts) and did the homemade camber kit for the rear...it was a piece of cake to install...:bigthumb:

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
What tires are on your wheels? What is the treadwear rating on them, are the tires directional, do you rotate them? What are you are you trying to accomplish with the drop? Are you just trying be a regular lowered car or do you track the car?

There's a lot of factors involved with saying you need a camber kit. On my car, I run fairly aggressive negative camber (-1.9) on 275 width rear tires; most people wouldn't run the amount of negative camber I do, but I am not most people, and I assume you aren't either.

Saying that, until you say exactly what you are trying to accomplish it's hard to say yes or no to anything because while there may be rules of thumb, they don't always apply to everyone.

·
Registered
844 Posts
On my car, I run fairly aggressive negative camber (-1.9) on 275 width rear tires; most people wouldn't run the amount of negative camber I do, but I am not most people, and I assume you aren't either.
you run 275 on a 3g?

pics?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
What tires are on your wheels? What is the treadwear rating on them, are the tires directional, do you rotate them? What are you are you trying to accomplish with the drop? Are you just trying be a regular lowered car or do you track the car?

There's a lot of factors involved with saying you need a camber kit. On my car, I run fairly aggressive negative camber (-1.9) on 275 width rear tires; most people wouldn't run the amount of negative camber I do, but I am not most people, and I assume you aren't either.

Saying that, until you say exactly what you are trying to accomplish it's hard to say yes or no to anything because while there may be rules of thumb, they don't always apply to everyone.
Good point...I was giving the "rule of thumb" answer...I guess I was figuring that if he was autocrossing or something that he might have asked in that area or at least stated so...

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts
I have the kYB AGX's with the Tein S-techs and when I got my car aligned I only needed the camber kit for the rear. My results were:

Front left -0.4 specified range -0.5 0.5
Front right -0.3 specified range -0.5 0.5
Rear left -2.0 specified range -1.8 -0.8
Rear right -2.0 specified range -1.8 -0.8

cross camber front -0.2 specified range -0.5 0.5
cross camber rear 0.1 specified range ?? ??

I've just installed the homemade rear camber kit, but I haven't gotten the car aligned yet.

·
342 Posts
Within the next few days I plan on installing my Kyb Agx's with some eibach sportlines. I have 19x8.5 Rims which Im not sure makes a difference in needing anything extra or not. But is any camber kit on either front or back going to be needed for this install? Thanks

I'm running Eibach Prokit with the KYB AGX's. I am also running 18" wheels. I did not need any camber kits. I had it aligned with no problem. With the Sportlines you will need the camber kits. The Sportlines will drop your car a little over 2".

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have the kYB AGX's with the Tein S-techs and when I got my car aligned I only needed the camber kit for the rear. My results were:

Front left -0.4 specified range -0.5 0.5
Front right -0.3 specified range -0.5 0.5
Rear left -2.0 specified range -1.8 -0.8
Rear right -2.0 specified range -1.8 -0.8

cross camber front -0.2 specified range -0.5 0.5
cross camber rear 0.1 specified range ?? ??

I've just installed the homemade rear camber kit, but I haven't gotten the car aligned yet.
As Sam mentioned above, alignment settings really should be tailored to the driving habits. With regards to your settings, although they are within specs, you're just barely within them...for everyday, street driving, they really should be as close to the center of the range as possible...if it were my car, I'd get a front camber kit with those readings...

·
Tired
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So would i be ok with the 2 inch drop of the sportlines on my 19's if i ran both a front and rear camber kit from eibach? any imput would help. Thanks :)

·
Xenon Powered
1,049 Posts
I only needed the camber kit for the rear, front one was not needed. I'm running Sportlines, KYB AGX's

·
Vendor
8,909 Posts
ii have sportlines w/ kyb agx... no camber realyl needed after alignment camber was negative .1 so its no realyl necessary plus it looks cool w/ the tiny bit of neg camber

1 - 13 of 13 Posts