Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking on Best Buys website for a camcorder to go and purchase today. I having a hard time figuring out what is a better method of storage to use. It appears DVD's are much shorter recording time, I can not figure out about quality. I will be editing most tapes so the ease of finalizing is not too important. If someone can help me select some things that would be important to me that would be great. Im looking for a camera with good quality, does not have to be amazing, I will be using the camera in my dark car, so I really need awesome nightshot, and its going to be used in a car so stability is a must. Thanks for any help:)

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought a camcorder 3 days ago and am very happy with my purchase. I bought a Sony handycam DCR-HC38. I walked out the door of Best Buy paying 389.45 for a camcorder, 4 tapes and an awesome 2 year accident replacement plan. The quality is great, I honestly could not be happier. Its amazing quality at night while running with it. I would highly advise anyone who extra cash to go pick one up:hbang:

·
suve
88 Posts
Ive been looking on Best Buys website for a camcorder to go and purchase today. I having a hard time figuring out what is a better method of storage to use. It appears DVD's are much shorter recording time, I can not figure out about quality. I will be editing most tapes so the ease of finalizing is not too important. If someone can help me select some things that would be important to me that would be great. Im looking for a camera with good quality, does not have to be amazing, I will be using the camera in my dark car, so I really need awesome nightshot, and its going to be used in a car so stability is a must. Thanks for any help:)

If you have a HDTV or will be getting one in the near future spend some extra and get a HD camcorder. You will enjoy watching these tapes is high def.
My bro bought a sony HDR-HC5 about 2 weeks ago and I found that it was pretty good, and the only thing i'd like to see more is a 3ccd one with the same specs, however a 3ccd one will perform poorly in low light. the HDR-HC5 was very good in low light.
a dumb rule of thumb the larger the ccd the better the quality of the video. lens also matters but most good brands offer good quality lenses these days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts