Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically I was able to find a 2004 mitsubishi galant ls engine which is a 3.8l engine and makes much more horsepower (25) and i want to know if it would be difficult because the engines look exactly the same and look like they have the same orientation thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 3.8 liter engine swap is a common one.
Yes i know but I wanted to know about specifically the galant engine I mentioned because I want to know the difficulty and i know the 3.8 are usually from newer eclipses or from other mitsubishis and i noticed this specific galant engine had a lot of hp compared to the normal 3g gt

·
Registered
533 Posts
The 2004-2012 Galant and Endeavor with the 3.8 are the non-mivec 6G75 engine swap options. Use the search function at the top of the forums to find info on it. It's been done dozens of times and all of your questions are answered in there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So basically I was able to find a 2004 mitsubishi galant ls engine which is a 3.8l engine and makes much more horsepower (25) and i want to know if it would be difficult because the engines look exactly the same and look like they have the same orientation thank you.
I would actually go with the newer 3.8 Mitsubishi engines. They produce approximately 265 HP. They are the same from 2008 - 2012.

·
1,114 Posts
I would actually go with the newer 3.8 Mitsubishi engines. They produce approximately 265 HP. They are the same from 2008 - 2012.
If you read through the forum, you'll see there are additional obstacles in implementing MIVEC in these cars. It's much less complicated to install a non-MIVEC engine than a MIVEC engine which is why people go with the older engines more often than not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts