Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i don't get the impression he was ever interested in trying to repair it himself, but he's just looking to make the most amount of money on it..

if i had the space, i would love to part out a few cars for extra cash..
Eh, actually I totally wanted to get either my friend OR take my car to my vocational school and have them do it. It seemed like it would be bendable but I tried (I'm pretty strong) and wouldn't really budge lol. I really thought about repairing it.

I've been trying to find cars and none of them catch my eye as my Eclipse. The thing was quick (I don't drive recklessly but love the torque) stock, and all of the other cars I've been looking at, are either slower than the Eclipse. I am waiting for more of some thoughts to come into my mind about what to do. I have conflicting messages lol.

Soundman definitely had a good point with parting it out and not being worth it -- but I can't see this car go lol it held up for so long and has no engine problems. Hm.

The car will sit in my alley (I have a long grass alley which is my property) OR heck, maybe even up at the cabin. Not sure. But I would need space to part it out, that's a good point. Hmm.

·
lit up
4,334 Posts
I've been trying to find cars and none of them catch my eye as my Eclipse. The thing was quick (I don't drive recklessly but love the torque) stock, and all of the other cars I've been looking at, are either slower than the Eclipse. I am waiting for more of some thoughts to come into my mind about what to do. I have conflicting messages lol.
so why not get another eclipse?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm looking at other Eclipse's but I feel like I need something new to me.

I searched for the 3G's and not many around here that I like.

I've drove manual for my whole life, so I feel like that is the number one 'filter' for my searching process.

I'm not a huge fan of the 4-cylinders so I look for the GT's.

I'm looking at the older models but I can't really find anything in my area, so I might need to travel about 150 miles. I don't mind, I love driving.

Again, conflicting thoughts -- I love the V6 -- I learned so much about it and feel comfortable servicing it.

·
54,332 Posts
the 2ZZ in the Celica GTS produces V6 like power at it's peak, but it's not as fast off the line BUT it gets good MPG. It's all trade offs. How about a late model Tiburon?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hmm you know I actually had the Tiburon in mind (V6) before the Eclipse back in like 2010 when I got the car.

My ex wanted one and the blue Tiburon definitely caught my eye.

The Celica my friend recommended.

I'll definitely look into those cars! Thanks for the suggestions -- keep them coming!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So that Celica GTS looks promising. It seems like the smallest tweaks improve performance a lot. Hm. I'll definitely look around for that car. Any year range preference?

·
54,332 Posts
The early models have a tighter 6 speed with synchro issues, the later models some have a lower rev limiter, all are DBW and have air injection. The best is to get an earlier model with medium to lower miles and if it has a trans problem swap for the later model trans with better syncrhos and easier shift gates. There sadly is no 'perfect' year. Check out Newcelica.org

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The early models have a tighter 6 speed with synchro issues, the later models some have a lower rev limiter, all are DBW and have air injection. The best is to get an earlier model with medium to lower miles and if it has a trans problem swap for the later model trans with better syncrhos and easier shift gates. There sadly is no 'perfect' year. Check out Newcelica.org
Alright awesome thanks.

I saw someone recommend someone to swap trans because of the issues, they said it wasn't the best.

I checked that site out already lol - :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts