Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Noob
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put new ceramic brake pads on my front wheels, when getting ready to get started on the back pair i noticed that the pads that were already there are fine and have more than plenty of pad left.

So....my question is would it be ok to have the ceramic pads in the front and plain cheapo pads in the back or is that a bad idea???

would save me $100 if i dont have to get ceramics for the back as well.

Thanks for the help:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
It wouldn't hurt anything at all for normal driving...it doesn't sound like you're setting the car up for racing at a track anytime soon, so I doubt you'd notice any difference. The rear brakes hardly get "used" compared to the front...

·
Noob
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i thought but my dad got me kinda worried so i figured i would check with people who know what they are talking bout..

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
There's some possibility that if one does a much better job of gripping than another, that your balance may be screwed up.

I'd say it's a slim chance though and ABS is a pretty good safety net on that.

Personally I'd try to have the same material all the way around. But I wouldn't go so far as to say something bad would happen if you don't.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I've been running ceramic pads on the front and stock drums on the rear for about a year now and haven't had any issues at all...for what it's worth...

·
Low and Slow.
1,798 Posts
You will be fine. Like said before, the fronts are used more than the rears anyways. Just so long as you replaced BOTH fronts. Different pads front to rear is fine, but if you replace one side on the front, you must do the other side.

·
Noob
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we can close the thread...

thanks for the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts