Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my clutch engages at the very end of the stroke....as in i push it to the floor and doesn't engage until it's about a foot away from the floor. lol. i've driven a few cars where it engages within an inch or two of the pedal leavin the floor. would adjusting the pedal height fix this or do i need a new clutch or what? it doesn't slip under hard accel or anything. car has 108k on it and i have notta clue if the clutch is still stock or not. help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
405 Posts
You need a clutch. Probably within a few hundred miles of burning yours out. A new clutch will engage very close to the floor, as it wears out the friction point will get higher and higher. Definitely go get your clutch done.

On a side note, if that's the stock clutch, good for you for making it last that long.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you for sure it needs a clutch or could it just be adjusted? and how much total for a clutch....cuz that shit might be my christmas. haha

·
Registered
970 Posts
I'm not positive on this but I'm pretty sure our clutchs can not be adjusted since there hydralic. I've looked before for some kind of adjustment since my clutch doesn't engage until it is almost all the way up but I never found one. Someone with some more knowledge correct me if I'm wrong about the adjustment.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I'd expect to pay $400-600 in labor + whatever the clutch costs. Aftermaket clutches seem to be around $300-350.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My clutch doesn't engage until the end of the throw. I thought it was weird when I bought the car, but got used to it. Its always been like that. Bought the car with 39000 miles, now it has 73000. Never slips or gives me problems. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
113 Posts
have a little fun and do it yourself, cost me 570$ for a good clutch, and i spent about 24hrs worth of work and installed a new clutch and flywheel myself. And ive never replaced a clutch before, so if you do decide to try doing it just make sure to label parts and take your time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts