Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been moving very fast with purchasing my 3G, and now almost done with the install of my Ripp Supercharger Kit, I was going to call and talk to Ripp and ask them the question myself but thought the members here might be able to help as well. Is it ok to use a Tial Q 50.5mm BOV with the kit in place of the Ripp BOV, if so what psi spring? Will this affect the blower at all or cause surge?

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone know anything about this, if not I will have to call Ripp and so far I do not like messing with them to much.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
The issue that you will have is that the 2nd generation Ripp BOV leaks at idle. It does this to prevent compressor surge and help steady the idle out. The Tial Q does not do this and I can see it causing some issues. The Q is a STELLAR BOV for turbocharged applications, but I would be hesitant to put it on with an SDS kit.

·
Banned
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I saw that ClipseGT was running the regular 50mm Tial on his Ripp setup and since Tial is a very nice Valve I thought I would try to start there. Ok what about the TurboXS H34 Bypass Valve. What is your thoughts on that? And I mean venting it and not recirculating it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The issue that you will have is that the 2nd generation Ripp BOV leaks at idle. It does this to prevent compressor surge and help steady the idle out. The Tial Q does not do this and I can see it causing some issues. The Q is a STELLAR BOV for turbocharged applications, but I would be hesitant to put it on with an SDS kit.
I was told something similar to this about the HKS SSQV by one of the mechanics at UMC. Its a well known shop in mesa az but they said that since it doesnt leak at idle or cruise its not recomended for SDS, only for turbo.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Whatever Tial bov you want to run on a SDS, you have to get a weak spring that is open at idle. Like a 6 or 7 psi one. So it vents to prevent compressor surge. I run a tial 50mm bov with no problems for two years and many races.

·
Boost by RIPP
584 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but how does the TiAL compare in terms of performance and sound vs. Rippmods current offering? I've been pondering upgrading to the TiAL 50mm but I didn't know if the $$$ is worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts