Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Car cranks no start

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rickgilbreath68 
#1 ·
The car was working fine I started up in the morning and left it warming up. When I came back the engine was off and the only code I get is p0443. Ig My question is can that code prevent the car from starting?

#2 ·
That code is set by a evaporative emission purge solenoid that's bad, or has faulty wiring. I wouldn't expect it to stop your engine from starting, but it's a great place to start your troubleshooting.

Does your car no longer start? I'd start by ensuring the purge solenoid is plugged in, then replace the solenoid. It's not too expensive or difficult.

#3 · (Edited)
A code in itself will not prevent a vehicle from running. It is just an indicator of what is going in. I would venture a guess that there is an electrical issue. I do not see how a purge solenoid could keep the car from running. My instincts tell me to check out the operation of the fuel system. Only further investigation will shed more light on what is going on. ...J.D.
An afterthought: You might try removing the gas cap or disconnecting the vent to relieve a possible vacuum situation in the tank and see if it starts....

#4 ·
This issue is on a 02 Mitsubishi eclipse 4cyl 2.4l 5sp.
I had started vehicle to warm up ,so it it idled down but then it just died .... there fore I tried starting it and no start... to this day no start , did compression test in the cylinder farthest over on passenger side had all plugs in other cylinders just had one plug out. So compression out of that cylinder was 23lb with 8-10turn overs so I got frustrated and didn't compression test any other ,haven't touched sine.... I'm on ssi limited income believe I need engine .... help would you .. frustrated and need transportation.... thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.