Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to work this morning and about 20 minutes into the drive the heat stopped working. Then about 10 minutes later the car just died on me while I was driving. I've replaced the coolant system about 3 months ago and have not had a problem nor did it overheat since could it be the cold weather? 26° Low antifreeze? Idk can anyone help me thanks :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for not including that lol its 2000 with roughly 190k it did not start back up 2.4ltr with automatic tran

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Start by getting the code(s) read. That little annoying light is your cars way of telling you something is wrong. How's the coolant level now? It can overheat in the cold

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking about the overheating part but would that cause it to not even be able to start back up? The last time I got the codes read it was just a fuel trim problem (lack of catalytic converter) I also just replaced the starter 3 days ago

·
Valor is eternal....
249 Posts
Did you take a look at the temp gauge when it shut down? How is the coolant level now?

And yes - an overheat can cause the engine to not start back up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't get a look at it when it first broke down this morning at 6am it was pitch black still and I went back to get it got it started and drive it back before it overheated and died as u turned into my drive way. I can hear the starter trying but there's nothing happening with the engine. There was also smoke coming from inside the engine where the oil goes and around the back of it. I'm hoping it's not a cracked block

·
Pshyc
1,130 Posts
Let it cool down. Then try to start it see what happens. Put a booster on it. Maybe blew the head gaskets so bad it's loosing compression.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts