Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i finally got my car back from the shop like not even two weeks ago and my timing belt just broke last night. Well, I parked the vehicle at a friends house and when i come out to start it, it wouldn't start, it has 71thousand miles on it so i think its the timing belt. Now i went to mitsubishi they want to change it out for 300 but now i don't know if their is any damage to the head of the vehicle, do u guys think their is damage to the vehicle bc when it broke i was turning off the vehicle or do u guys suggest i just tow it to a regular mechanic i know but he only has alot of experience on domestics and not imports?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Ok seriously people. Learn to use the three types of theres: Their, they're, there. It makes reading a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just payed alittle over 80bucks to tow the car but whatelse is funny is that when the tow truck left i decided to try and turn the car on and it started. I was like fu**, so what i am doing is i am going to take it to a mechanic this coming monday and see if they can look at the ignition plus if they can change the belt because it is overdue.

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
I know that when I replaced my belt at 80k this past year it still looked pretty good. Without seeing your car I would have to say its either your plugs or wires that are acting up. Either way, you should perform the 60k maintenance just to clear up any mechanical issues.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Clipse_GT for the response, I know that i still have the factory belt still on, i talked to a mechanic at mitsubishi and he just says its recommended to change it at 60k it could last alot closer to 100k if i don't gun it out. Also, I just got new plugs so i don't believe its them i would think of a missfire then. The tow truck driver said his friend had an eclipse, he said their is a module that when overheated it could stop the car from starting. Anybody hear of anything like that?

·
Low and Slow.
1,798 Posts
Thanks Clipse_GT for the response, I know that i still have the factory belt still on, i talked to a mechanic at mitsubishi and he just says its recommended to change it at 60k it could last alot closer to 100k if i don't gun it out. Also, I just got new plugs so i don't believe its them i would think of a missfire then. The tow truck driver said his friend had an eclipse, he said their is a module that when overheated it could stop the car from starting. Anybody hear of anything like that?
Coil pack he might mean? If its a coil pack, it could disable 2 of the cylinders and it wont want to start. You would notice misfires before most likely; I doubt it would just die.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts