Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know my car is not totaled but i spent so much time on this car, its insane. I go to the movies tonight with my brother in downtown disney here in florida. Well i go out to my car and there is key marks from the hood all the way to the back passenger quarter panel. Now whats werid is that there is a security tower just like 5 car spaces away from my car at the time, and the key marks are to the degree that it must of took them some time to create them. I was wondering what our ur guys idea of how to fix it? I can make a claim but my deductable is one grand, so i don't think that the paint work is going to be that much, but i do feel i should prep it and clear coat it so that it doesn't rust over. I don't know what to do, my baby is scarred.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Paint work will be about that much actually. That entire side of your car will need to be repainted to blend it properly, and that's a LOT of work.

You may not have to pay a deductible, check with your insurance. This is a comprehensive claim, NOT collision.

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Wow a 1k deductable. I would get quotes on paint work before I go setting up a claim. Also like Hijacker said, check your deductable on comprehensive insurance. I know my collision is 500, but other sections of my insurance are a 250 deductable. If paint work is over a grand, I would claim it, if not, I would pay to have it done myself.

In the future I would either park very far away from people or lower your insurance deductable. Sorry about your luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I dont have any advice for you other than what CLIPSE GT and HIJACKER already said, but damn, that really sucks and Im sorry to hear that. Where do you live? I use to live in Orlando not even a mile down from Universal

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Did you file a police report or check with security to see if they had video of the turds who keyed the car? I hate the Orlando area... too many clueless illegals and some seriously rude fuckers out on the roads around MGM, etc.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was in the Pleasure Island parking lot 3, they told me they can't do anything so i told them to call the cops. Orange County Sheriffs Office came and they filed a report. I just got off the phone with my claims adjuster and he told me that disney cannot be claimed responsible i was thats great. I found that i have a 500 dollar deductable so its not that bad but i will see if i can get some pictures up, i just don't have anywhere to host them, anybody know where. thanks. also anybody in the area like skittlebug know where is the best place to do the paint work.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
It was in the Pleasure Island parking lot 3, they told me they can't do anything so i told them to call the cops. Orange County Sheriffs Office came and they filed a report. I just got off the phone with my claims adjuster and he told me that disney cannot be claimed responsible i was thats great. I found that i have a 500 dollar deductable so its not that bad but i will see if i can get some pictures up, i just don't have anywhere to host them, anybody know where. thanks. also anybody in the area like skittlebug know where is the best place to do the paint work.
Stop acting like a n00b:
http://www.club3g.com/forum/new-members-forum/41943-edu-how-post-pictures.html

Read the stickies if you don't know how to do things.

·
Registered
105 Posts
photobucket is where I host all my photos. And sorry dragonslayer, Im not in FL anymore. I moved to Jersey a little over a year ago. I did send a PM about the paint though, what's the color of your car? Do you know the color code?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the deductable is 500 but what would u guys think that will actually do, will they repaint the entire sections like the whole hood, door, etc.

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
yea, they will repaint almost the whole car with fading and everything, find a shop to give you a quote and go to the insurance company.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Holy shit.. thats bad. Are you on anyones shit list that you know of?? Thats so disrespectful... some people can be so damn arrogant its pathetic. Best of luck with everything. I talked to my friend and he doesnt know of anyone, he said hes sorry but the space he has isnt big enough to do such large peices. Maybe you can ask Russ-- he's in Orlando I believe, Im sure he wouldnt mind giving you a recommendation of who and where to go

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Would they be repainting the entire hood bc also i have this black overspray crap on my hood it looks like paint spots.
Are you reading ANYTHING we said? You don't just paint a section of the hood. If you repaint a part, you repaint the entire thing. So, you're looking at hood, door, front and rear fenders, and other necessary blending. It will be a lot of work and MUCH more than your deductible.

Go get 2-3 estimates, and take that to insurance and go from there.

yea, they will repaint almost the whole car with fading and everything, find a shop to give you a quote and go to the insurance company.
Paint work will be about that much actually. That entire side of your car will need to be repainted to blend it properly, and that's a LOT of work.

You may not have to pay a deductible, check with your insurance. This is a comprehensive claim, NOT collision.

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
Find them shove not one but both boots up their ass and then call the cops.
On a serious note ouch man get a car alarm asap let hijacker paint it with a life time paint warranty and there you go ;)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Omg dude i feel your pain. getting your favorite car keyed is not a fun thing. I hate when my friends even joke about keying my eclipse.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts