Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so my roommates car has died

its a 2000 RS with 100K on the clock.

I was driving it and I stalled it( stupid 1st gear) and when I went to start it back up, it would start to start up and then just die. Didn't matter if I held the gas or not it would get to about 800 rpm and then die.

Now it won't fine fire over. The car is purting over and over again but still nothing. I checked the spark plugs are fine. I added a gallon of gas, cause the car had about 1/8 of a tank and was thinking maybe there was crap in the tank. Still nothing. A few moments ago, after trying to start it, I pulled 1 and 3 plugs and didn't smell any gas.

Any one have an ideas. The only thing I can think if is maybe the fuel pump died???

Thanks

Zim

·
King Shango
3,077 Posts
OK so my roommates car has died

its a 2000 RS with 100K on the clock.

I was driving it and I stalled it( stupid 1st gear) and when I went to start it back up, it would start to start up and then just die. Didn't matter if I held the gas or not it would get to about 800 rpm and then die.

Now it won't fine fire over. The car is purting over and over again but still nothing. I checked the spark plugs are fine. I added a gallon of gas, cause the car had about 1/8 of a tank and was thinking maybe there was crap in the tank. Still nothing. A few moments ago, after trying to start it, I pulled 1 and 3 plugs and didn't smell any gas.

Any one have an ideas. The only thing I can think if is maybe the fuel pump died???

Thanks

Zim
Post this in Problem reports youll prolly get a better response

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I just pulled the backseat and sat with my ear to the pump, while she crank the car. Not a sound from the pump.

So does this confirm a bad fuel pump or is there still something else.

Sorry for the 1000 questions. Never delt with a bad fuel pump. I always swapped them with aftermarkets.

·
54,424 Posts
you need to make sure the fuel pump is getting power and has a ground. you need a test light or a multi meter. if all you have is a test light then plug it into the power and ground for the pump and turn the key, the bulb should light. if it does then your power and ground are probably OK. if you have a multi meter then i dont need to tell you what to do with it, its self explanatory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts