Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
That's What She Said
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for this and can't find much on this. My friends 3G won't start. The weird part is, he has power to everything, the lights work, but the wipers don't, no blinkers, and on the dash, the door open light works and nothing else, but when he puts the key in and switches the ignition, NOTHING HAPPENS, only normal beeping, no odometer lights or anything, the battery is brand spankin new. What could this be??? :twothumb:

·
That's What She Said
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all fuses are good! we checked them! I even replaced the ECU box in the engine fuse box and still nothing!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Check the battery cables and grounds. Also, try taking a voltmeter around the fuse box. Fuses that look good can be bad, and if the voltmeter doesn't register anything, you will know if a wire in the back slipped out or is frayed or broken if it isn't the fuse.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Similar thing happened to my friend's talon esi. It ended up being a shorted out fuel injector and wire harness. It fried 2 computers before it was all figured out. The mechanic only charged like less than 400 bucks to do all that mess. Majority of that was the computer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts