Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 200 eclipse GT 3.0 manual transmission. nothing done to it other then ram air intake.

I locked my keys in my car tonight at work, and i had my roadside assistance come and break in for me. they just slid an airbag between the window and body and opened it a little, and slid a long rod in and popped the lock (not the lock button). I didn't think anything of it, but I opened the door, and my car alarm starts going off.... I didn't even know it still had it! I put my key in the door and locked and unlocked it that way to turn the alarm off, and it worked. w/e right? well I put the key in the ignition and the lights and everything comes on, and I go to start the car, and click, all power goes dead! NOTHING, not even power locks anymore. If you jump start the car, it starts fine, I am guessing its the immobilizer, I tried to disconnect the battery for about 30 min. and put it back on, and still didn't work. the batter is new, and I tested it, it is fine, I even put a battery off my other vehicle on it to make sure! how do I disable this stupid immobilizer so I can drive my car:eek3: This thing has WAAAAYYYY too many anti theft features on it!:noway:

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
If it is your immobilizer you can either do 2 things: tow the car to your nearest dealership and pay them to do it OR pay a member here to send you a ROM, that's assuming you have a laptop, tactrix cable, EvoScan and Ecuflash.

·
Angry Gorilla
712 Posts
Have you check all the basic fuses? Seems a little wierd that it would start if you jump it, but not under it's own power?

When you try to start it with your own battery does it make any sounds? Any clicking under the hood at all?

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
I don't remember this exactly, but I think the immobilizer will actually let the car start, but only run for a few seconds. If all power is cut, you've probably got something else wrong.

Why didn't you just hit the unlock button? My brother-in-law set mine off once by reaching through an open window and unlocking the car. I went out there with the FOB, hit UNLOCK, and everything was fine thereafter.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, I didn't do it, the wrecker service did, and it was pouring rain, and they just popped the lock instead of hitting the button, i guess it was faster, IDK, either way. when I hook a set of jumper cables to the terminal leads the lights come one and stuff, but when I hit the key, everything goes dead. I have another key made, that I had as a spare just in case something like this, and when I grabbed the wrong key once a long time ago, it would start for about 3 seconds then die. It does sounds like a fuse or something, i will check those today since its not raining yet. there is a little box on the end of the positive wire where it connects to the battery, what is that? I have never figured that one out. the car ran perfect until they tried to unlock it. it may have blown teh fuse, idk yet. I know the battery is fine, I even pulled the one off of the other vehicle and put it on just to be 100% sure it wasn't the battery. I am at a complete loss here, why would it start if it was being jumped, and have no power when not if it was a fuse, it don't make sense. the battery has a full charge, it is only 2 months old. when I say it has no power, I mean none, the door locks wont even work. it runs perfect when it is started though?

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
well, I didn't do it, the wrecker service did, and it was pouring rain, and they just popped the lock instead of hitting the button, i guess it was faster, IDK, either way.
No. As in: Door opened. Alarm going off. You reach in and hit the unlock button on your now accessible FOB. Problem solved.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
It's a green light on your dash that looks like the shape of a car with a key in the middle of it.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
it doesn't sound the immobilizer. immobilizer will let it crank, a little, but not really start. it honestly sounds like a bad battery connection. undo the batt, clean everything with a wire brush (inside the battery cable's connections especially) then try again. when my car was doing what you speak of, that was how i fixed it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, it wasn't the battery connection, I left the negative battery cable off for about 36 hours because it was raining and I didn't want to mess with it in the rain, but I went back this morning and the negative cable just bumped the battery and all the nights came on, I am guessing any stored power in the car drained, also I read somewhere else online that if you disconnect the neg. battery cable and leave the drivers door open for 30 seconds, then put the cable back on and start the car it will reset it. so I did this too anyways, IDK what exactly it was, but I don't think it was the battery connections, they battery, and connectors are brand new, about 2 1/2 months old, and it all came back to life after the cable just bumped the battery while i was moving it. but either way I am happy that it is running again. but the easiest way is to just press the button if you ever lock yourself out, don't pop the lock! :) thanks for all the help too guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GTS in mint condition, and I had a problem. I bought my car a while back, like 2003, had 1k miles when I bought it, and I was given a spare key instead of a master and valet key and it was working fine until today. My car won't start and the Anti-Theft light started flashing. I've decided to let the battery charge and recondition to see if it'll work and it worked fine until I tried starting it a few minutes after, so I went to my local parts store in my other car, its a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS, if you were wondering, and I bought a battery. I changed it, it worked fine. As of writing this, I'm getting my master and valet key back from the original owner, my neighbor, today and I'll test if my battery was bad or if it's the key. I think it was battery because the spare key worked after replacing, but you never know lmfao. I'll update you and let you know if it's a bad battery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts