·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2001 eclipse GT

Heres the series of events...

passenger headlight stopped working.

replaced both bulbs, still not working.

found out the wire that was crimped was done poorly, and came loose.

I crimped one, didnt see the other that had also come apart (either when I was fixing other or same time as other idk)

So, I drove around a while, and when turining on brights, the passenger headlight just turned off. The hazards/turn signals stopped working after letting it go a while(shame on me!). It is not the bulbs, and not sure if it relates to the main issue.

Now, knew something was still wrong, thats when I found and crimped the other wire.

Now headlights work how they should. I pulled out every fuse under hood and passenger box, they all looked ok to me. I swapped some around of the same Amperage to see if I could get the hazards working. No luck. And now the car wont start. Battery is fine, even jumped it.

When trying to start, it ticks, kind of like a bad starter but way quieter and sounds like its coming from fuse box under the hood. Maybe a relay? I didnt take any of those out. I think it was probably a fuse somewhere that went bad and just doesnt look it, and maybe it was one I swapped.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I rechecked all the fuses, I think one of the fuses I swapped in, into the underhood fusebox, the yellow part that has two 10A fuses, I put a blown one in I believe, because I had assumed the spare was good.

But, I went and bought a fuse tester and fuse kit, replaced the bad fuse, no more ticking under hood on attempted start. But still does not start. Should I be checking relays next? can they be checked with the fuse checker? I have a feeling my fuel pump went bad with perfectly bad timing. The car makes no noise at all when key is turned.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Actually now that I think about it. Doesnt this mean bad starter/solenoid? Isnt a good starter supposed to click?

EDIT: Maybe it is the button that gets pressed by clutch, not getting fully engaged... I'll check out tomorrow.. not that anyone is following this thread anyway... lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.