Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
AoK
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ITS LIKE THIS I TRY TO TURN ON MY CAR BUT WHEN I DO IT TURNS OFF LIKE IF ITS LOSING POWER BUT ITS NOT THE BATTERY COULD I T BE THE FUSES OR THE DISTRIBUATOR .... ANY IDEAS OH AND IT ONLY STAYS ON IF I PRESS THE GAS...ITS A MITSU ECLIPSE 2001 IT ALL STARTED WHEN I CLEAN MY BATTERY AND DISCONNECTED IT more information when the cars turns off by it self it make this thiking noise right after i take the key off the ignition and for some reason it only stay on when it cold and when i heated it turns off...oh and also when u turn on the fan i takes some power also if i have the radio high i kinda look like its lossing power.....any ideas

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
clean your battery terminals...im fairly positive that it could be that
Yeah, I had a similar problem when I installed my stereo... First check to make you put them on securely and two get some baking soda and water and scrub those down...

It sounds like you aren't getting a good connection...

Let us know,

~Mike

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Check engine light on? If so what are the codes? In no SES then I would agree about bad battery connections. Why did you disconnect the battery? What were you working on at the time?

·
AoK
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
the only mod i have is the intake and the muffler...i disconnected the battery cuz it was filled .with all that white stuff and then when i was all done i try to turn on the car but wouldn't stay on, i feel and hear click on three of the fuses that go in the engine fuses box there the three big one on the right bottom corner....and its a eclipse gt

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
...i disconnected the battery cuz it was filled .with all that white stuff and then when i was done it didnt want to turn on and i feel a click on three of the fuses that go in the engine fuses there the three big one on the right bottom corner....and its a gt
:scratch: Was that supposed to be English? We can't help if we can't understand what you are trying to say. Sounds like your terminals were corroded. Clean the ring terminals, clean the battery posts, and verify the terminals are on snug. If that doesn't work have your battery tested. If the battery comes back as good then replace your grounding cable and ring terminal.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
thats were the battery and the cables connects.... is it the little rings
:agreed: clean the inside of the rings. check and make sure the ground cable (connects negative/black ring terminal to the car's metal chassis/frame) and verify that it is connected tightly and that the cable itself is not brittle. If it is then replace it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my 00 gt gave me that problem and left me stranded at the side of the road once...... i had replaced the alternator for an aftermarket autozone one and the alternator died after just 4 months, warranty still covered it so i exchanged it and its been 7 months, and 5k miles trouble free on dat department... so just check and c if u smell it burned, or any visible signs of burned.. good luck.

·
CostaGS88
369 Posts
Yea autozone tested your battery power to ee if your battery wes good, they didnt check your actual connection to the terminals on top of the battery...that white stuff you wre talking about is corrosion...that makes a bad connection.. take off the cables that lead to the positive and negative terminals on the battery and clean them very good with a wire brush (clean both the terminals and the cables) then reconnect the cables to the terminals tightly......if that doesnt do the trick then have a ur alternator checked. I doubt its something with the fuses. OH AND YOU REALY NEAD TO LEARN HOW TO SPEAK/TYPE

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
more info plz im a noob my first car give me a break..:bigthumb:
More English and less Engrish if you want specific help. Why not post up a list of things that you have already tried, for starters. I get the feeling that you have not even tried the tips already posted.

Also, the search function does work. Test it out!

·
CostaGS88
369 Posts
the terminals on top of the battery....dont worry about the alternator yet unless the problems still occurs after cleaning the terminals

·
AoK
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
problem fix now is the air conditioner when i turn it on my car turns off right away.....and i heard that when u take off the battery and when u put it back on you can feel the car rough because they say that it resets everything it takes about a week or so to get back to normal is that true?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts