Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone 2 tone the top of my car carbon fiber for me i want 2 see what that will look like! its just an idea in my head

Is this pic any better if not let me kno

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Don't mean to butt in, but can you buy those panels in carbon fiber? If not, I don't think there is a way to paint the CF look- but just a solid color.

There are 2-toned cars here on the forum, i've seen white with black tops, silver with black tops. I'll see if i can find the red for you.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-rides/93511-2-tone-patriot-red-black.html
Red with black top.. Should give you a rough idea = )

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I beleive its the ghetto way of doing it but what if you covered the top in CF vinyl i believe they sell it . I WOULDNT DO IT BUT ITS A SUGGESTION vs. ACTUAL CF

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i got a guy that can airbrush a carbon fiber look!! so i was just gonna see what that looked like but yea i know what the top black would look like. im just tryin 2 be a lil bit different

·
Registered
451 Posts
im usually only a fan of a CF hood...but if you kept the CF hood, got the CF look on the top of the car like you want to, and get a carbon fiber trunk lid....

I think it would look good...but i think most people would disagree

·
Frank
3,940 Posts
I think I remember HIJACKER posting a 350Z with a full CF top, hood, and trunk- looked sick.

I also remember a red 3G with a black top in Members Rides

·
Registered
451 Posts
I think I remember HIJACKER posting a 350Z with a full CF top, hood, and trunk- looked sick.

I also remember a red 3G with a black top in Members Rides
Wow...that just made me wanna do it to my car. If i ever get a CF hood i will get a CF trunk and a CF looking top...but i think thatwould look cheesy (a CF top). Wouldnt you have to pay BIG money to have it done, and look like real CF and if you bought the panels i think they would look even cheesier....

PS: Ive never used the word "cheesy" in my life, let a lone 2 times...lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i have the trunk in the garage waiting 2 be put on soo but let me know ur alls opinion on a cf top just an idea probally go black tho.

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Personally I'd paint the entire top black instead of searching for your one-of-a-kind paint job.

Use the hood/hatchback, and have them, along with the roof/PANELS painted black, IF that's the route you're looking for.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Damn, I really like the idea of a CF hood, CF trunk, but i think it would be awesome and extremely unique if you got the CF top to look real and make it look good.

If it was done right i think it would be AWESOME

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I've actually been considering having a shop cover the top in real carbon fiber...the funds are just not in my near future, and there are other things I'd want first...

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
There is a company that makes a carbon fiber roof piece (lays over, not a replacement, so for style only) and I think it's around $600.

I can do this when I get home, but sorta dumb to ask for photoshop work on your roof...and then post a picture that barely shows your roof.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
How much would something liek that cost???
I haven't checked yet because I know I don't have the money for it...but there's a shop in Florida that specializes in carbon fiber work...they mainly do custom motorcycle work, but they'll wrap about anything you want in carbon fiber and do amazing work...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I haven't checked yet because I know I don't have the money for it...but there's a shop in Florida that specializes in carbon fiber work...they mainly do custom motorcycle work, but they'll wrap about anything you want in carbon fiber and do amazing work...
thats probally a lil expensive

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
MSPREDECLIPSE, to answer your PM, MasterGrade makes carbonfiber...well, everything for the 350Z.

Hatch:

Roof, pillars:

The hatch is around $700 shipped, the A-pillars and roof are about $350 each. Very reasonable, but they mass produce these. Still, a fairly flat piece like a roof is not difficult to make with CF so don't expect it to be too over the top expensive anyway.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts