Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I say 'stalling' because it's more of the engine just cutting off, I could be cruising and it still happens...

The brake and battery lights come on, but that is all that seems to happen... I haven't noticed a loss of power or a flicker (obviously other then the engine crapping out) When it happens I can just pop the clutch in and crank her over, and (thank God) it comes right back on...

I think I may be due time for my positive terminal to get swapped out, but that doesn't really seem to link the symptoms together... We had to do that on my brother's suburban, but everything lost power then... This seems to be a different problem...

Thoughts?

Thanks,

~Mike

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Does your serpentine belt have the proper tension? Has your alternator been checked lately (if not, have Autozone do it for free)? I notice in another thread that you replaced a battery terminal...that info should be in here as well...how long ago was that?

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Has this been happening ever since you installed the 6G74?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, I just got back from doing a bit of 'research' on it...

I was honestly afraid to take it out anywhere because it kept dying on me...

Spent a good hour in the car, and I think I've (talked with Greg as well) got narrowed it down to a bad need for a tune...

Yes it is since the new engine, but what got me is it didn't happen till a couple days after I got it back...

It IS ONLY when it's shifting or stopped, so it is a stall... While it was happening at first I guess I was too worried with the fact that my car died while going 70 mph to really think if I had just shifted or not...

So I've got the cables in the mail to have Logic tune it, so I'm hoping that is the problem and not something mechanical...

Sorry to have a premature post, I wanted some input before I took it out and tried to troubleshoot...

Thanks,

~Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts