Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the last 5 years ive used cassette adapters to listen to my phone or ipod and aside from replacing the adapters, all has been fine. Just recently i replaced a dead battery and of course had to input the radio code which was no problem. but then the trouble started. whenever i insert my cassette adapter, the deck plays it, reverses it, plays it again, reverses it again, and kicks it out. this has happened once before and all i needed to do was flip the tape. but this time nothing seems to work. I bought a new tape adapter, nothing. took out the auto-reverse gears, still nothing. funny thing is, when i plug either adapter into my dads truck, they work flawlessly. so clearly its something with my stereo. My current thought is to force the car to reset my radio and give it another try. how would i go about doing that? Ive already disconnected the positive end of the battery, let it sit, reconnected but it didn't reset the radio.

These cassette adapters give the best audio Ive heard out of a stock stereo so i would like to keep on using them. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
58 Posts
Normally the deck will monitor movement of the take-up reel to decide whether the tape is advancing. Coincidence or maybe blew up the deck with batt replacement.

·
Still here.
7,018 Posts
How about take the tape head unit and toss it in the trash and buy a CD head unit that has an AUX in? You could get one for about a hundred bucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts