Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Service engine light came on and I cant get it to turn off. It came on because I made a custome intake and didnt tight one of the clamps tight enough and it was sucking air directly into the engine and passing the MAS. So I've tried the unplug the battery trick and its still on.

Any other short cuts to fix it?

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
My Service engine light came on and I cant get it to turn off. It came on because I made a custome intake and didnt tight one of the clamps tight enough and it was sucking air directly into the engine and passing the MAS. So I've tried the unplug the battery trick and its still on.

Any other short cuts to fix it?
Uh, put the stock intake back on.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IDK the code. Heres exactly what happen..

I had an AEM shortie on it. I took of the piping and put the filter and MAS right up to the intake mani. I had to put a small section of piping in between the 90 turn and MAS. i didnt tie one of the clamps down well enough and started to drive when my engine shut off. I thought it was from no gas. I turned it back on and realized i must not have tightened it enough and then the SES comes on. I park the car and see the intake discounected. Conected it up and tightend them down good and its running like a champ but the lights on. So i just discounted the battery again and will leave it off for at least 12 hours.

Thats why I was wondering if there was any other work around. Maybe unplug the ECU?

·
hates "smart" people
3,569 Posts

I had an AEM shortie on it. I took of the piping and put the filter and MAS right up to the intake mani. I had to put a small section of piping in between the 90 turn and MAS. i didnt tie one of the clamps down well enough and started to drive when my engine shut off. I thought it was from no gas. I turned it back on and realized i must not have tightened it enough and then the SES comes on. I park the car and see the intake discounected. Conected it up and tightend them down good and its running like a champ but the lights on. So i just discounted the battery again and will leave it off for at least 12 hours.

Thats why I was wondering if there was any other work around. Maybe unplug the ECU?
Get the code first to make sure its not another problem.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts

Honestly I wouldn't go unplugging the ECU over a SES light. If anything just take the bulb out as it sounds like the SES light is bothering you. Whatever you did caused something wrong. Get the code read to find out what's the problem and work form there.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
i want it reseted so i know when something really goes wrong
Apparently something already did. SES lights don't come on for no reason. Just because you can drive the car doesn't mean it's fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took my car in for the test. The test came back negative for an error code. It showed that the light was on but no code was found. did the test a couple times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts