Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HMRacing
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I damaged my motorola razr and in need of a new cell phone. I want your alls opinion on which phone would be best to go with. My insurance through Ntelos basically screwed me. They wouldn't fix the phone because i told them that i wasn't sure if it had been dropped but the LCD screen was screwed up and the battery won't charge. Well i have to either buy a phone off ebay or sign a new contract since mine is expired and i can't get a phone at a promotional price unless i sign a new contract. Anyway i like the Razr v3m, Rokr is sweet, krazr, and the motorola Q. I'm just not sure what to get and want something good. Here's a link to the list of phone with my provider. Let me know what you guys think.

Cell Phones and Cell Phone Plans - nTelos

·
"I dunno" guy
2,555 Posts
The Q is a full 3G device, it can even do streaming TV shows. Anyways, there's plenty of support for the Q, though it's not the most stable piece of hardware out there. Well... Maybe the OS, not the hardware. 6 reboots and it doesn't boot anymore. Requires a hard reset and lose all settings to get it to work right again.

After 4 motorola devices, I've decided to never buy another one ever again. The UI sucks, the reliability sucks and the stability of the firmware sucks. I'd get a SonyEricsson or a Nokia over the Motorolas.

·
HMRacing
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I kinda will have to agree with you my last one was not that reliable but i can recall dropping it a few good times which would cause the LCD to screw up like it did. I think motorola used to be better when it was actually made in Japan now it's made in china and if you know anything about marketing products made in China are not as good as products made in Japan.

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
well the first thing I'd do is change companies. that's a bull shit reason for not replacing the phone.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't buy another motorola. I hate their interface they use in most things. I am a total Sony E. fan now. They have good solid phones, with great service compared to all the motorolas i've had. Even this crappy samsung I have as a back up is a good little phone.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't buy another motorola. I hate their interface they use in most things. I am a total Sony E. fan now. They have good solid phones, with great service compared to all the motorolas i've had. Even this crappy samsung I have as a back up is a good little phone.
+1. you can download new themes etc :)

I like my w810i

·
HMRacing
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My carrier doesn't carry Sony, Iphone or anything like that just what the link lists. I dont' really want to change plans b/c i love unlimited minutes. I'm pretty sold on the Krazr Phone it's the same as the Rokr but the Rokr has stereo bluetooth and a better camera that's it. The battery lift on the Krazr is longer then the Razr and the Rokr is just a little bit more then the Krazr

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Anyone have any comments on the new chocolates (vx8550)? What about the Motorizr Z6tv? I'm probably gonna go with one of these two. the Z6tv costs about $100 more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts