Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings,

My car is 2000 Eclipse gt 3.0, 200k miles. I need to find replacement parts for the Center Bearing Seals. These parts were damaged while the stuck TJ cup were unstuck from the center bearing bracket. I contacted MIT Part Central, and I was told they were no longer to have these items. I now will be looking into the aftermarket parts that I can use on mine. I I attached an exploring views of the right CV axle together with the Center Bearing Bracket and Seals. I need part numbers for these items I circle in red. I appreciate your helps to indentify the part number of the aftermarket parts

Attachments

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can contact other Mitsubishi sites and see whether you can find one with the MR388567 bearing kit.

Or, you can get the whole bracket, seals, and bearings from a junkyard. I'd try a site like car-part.com, which will search multiple junkyards for you.

Or, you can contact Koyo with the part number from your present bearing, and ask them for a replacement. You'll have to look elsewhere for seals that will fit.
same part number but mopar. Items apparently the same. Do you know if works for 2000 mit?
Product Font Circle Automotive tire Electric blue

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any chance you have the spec of these items like LxWxH of the items?
I plan to search them by its dimension. Other brands with part number that are compatible to Mitsubishi you know?

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will get me a digital caliper and do it. Any change you know the Koyo #? Koyo really makes super bearing because mine is orginal, 200k miles, and its appearantly still good. How can I tell if a bearing is still good?
How and where have you purchased the parts for your 2001 Spyder GT, 1 year newer than my Eclipse hihi? The GT spyder and the GT eclipe has the same engine 6G72, right?
I also contacted MIT for MR388567 bearing kit. What is the kit consist of, you know?

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found these National brand part number from a discussion at 3Si.Org. A member discussed and used the National brand that can be used in placed of OEM Mit bearing and the seals;
Bearing: 206-FF
Inner Seal: 51098
Outer Seal: 71022
I decided to purchase the National brands for these above items couple days ago online at Orielly Auto Parts, and they arrived today. They are good fitting to the old bearing bracket. The bearing physically look the same. The inner seal and the outer seal fits well into the bracket, and the CV cup. Three items costed me $44. I will try to put them together.
How do I press the bearing thru the shaft, any recomendation?
Font Engineering Fashion accessory Event Rectangle

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gas Bicycle part Composite material Nickel Tool

The bearing and the outer seal are good fitting the bearing bracket.
However, The inner dust cover and the inner seal are different . The OD of the inner seal is smaller than of the inner dust. They should be the same. Would the difference cause any mechanical or leakage issue or what, any input?

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Mitsubishi don’t sell the inner seal alone but the bearing and the seal together as a kit, MR388567 bearing kit. The kit does not tell much about the description of the seal.
Anyone knows the seal part number? Or how do I search for the seal alone? Anyone know the seal description that I can use to google search? Please let me know.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mitsubishi don’t sell the inner seal alone but the bearing and the seal together as a kit, MR388567 bearing kit. The kit does not tell much about the description of the seal.
Anyone knows the seal part number? Or how do I search for the seal alone? Anyone know the seal description that I can use to google search? Please let me know.
My bad not to reference what part is the inner seal. I attached a diagram for easy communication

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts