Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2005 Spyder GT
829 Posts
You can contact other Mitsubishi sites and see whether you can find one with the MR388567 bearing kit.

Or, you can get the whole bracket, seals, and bearings from a junkyard. I'd try a site like car-part.com, which will search multiple junkyards for you.

Or, you can contact Koyo with the part number from your present bearing, and ask them for a replacement. You'll have to look elsewhere for seals that will fit.
You are a better man than me!!!

· Registered
2005 Spyder GT
829 Posts
Should have bought the OEM kit, as I suggested...

Whenever you take anything apart on a vehicle, it is crucial to note the order, positioning and orientation of each part, including seals, gaskets, washers, etc.
Marking and labeling parts can help, too, especially on larger projects.

Now as for your seals, the larger of the two seals is the inner seal, and the smaller end of that seal goes against the bearing. The same holds true for the outer seal. The diagrams you have clearly show the correct orientation and installation order. If you had kept the old parts, you could have compared them to the new ones.
The seals are more to keep dirt out of the bearing than to keep grease in. Once the shaft is in place, it keeps the grease in to lubricate the ball bearings.
Keep your bearing greased and in a bag till it's time to install it...You do not want dirt getting in it, which will cause it to wear much faster AND make noise!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts