Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since the gas cap is a genmetal color stock and i have a black and silver theme going i figured ill paint the gas cap. I also took some 1/4" silver screws and put one in each of the divets on the edge of the gas cap. I think it turned out pretty good. What do you guys think of it?

And now some of it on the car

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Great job with the painting. Doesn't look bad at all.
+1 on those screws also, they look good!

·
Xenon Powered
1,049 Posts
Yeah I agree it looks good, but, it really needs to be cleared and wet sanded

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Looks really good and I love the idea of the screws. I just hope you got screws that will not rust out on you. Might want to replace them with stainless steel unless those are good enough/wont rust.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
Looks really good and I love the idea of the screws. I just hope you got screws that will not rust out on you. Might want to replace them with stainless steel unless those are good enough/wont rust.
Exactly what I was going to say.

·
AllInFavor_SayCali
442 Posts
Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks like you have a flat-head mixed in.
Mine looks pretty identical but it was wet-sanded and cleared.
And it has the original allen head screws.
You have the right idea, just needs to be cleaned up a bit.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the comments, I am most likly going to take it off today and wet sand and reclear it.

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks like you have a flat-head mixed in.
Ha yes you are right there is a flat-head b/c i droped one of the other screws and couldnt find it so i found that one and just used it. I figured you wouldnt be able to tell unless your really looking hard.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I would switch up the screws to allen heads that are more flush. Other than that, awesome!
:agreed: 100% Use chromed allen heads like the OEM alloy fuel door. Some wet sanding and clear coat would be a good idea but it looks acceptable as is. TruValue stocks the silver allen heads (well mine does at last).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts