Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already bought an exedy clutch, and now I need to get a flywheel also. The oem flywheel is about 250 or more. I found some on ebay non oem for 150. If anyone can help. Is it necessary to go with oem?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Get your old one resurfaced. It is much cheaper. Or, for performance, I bought a lightweight fidanza flywheel and I am very happy with it. If it is just a daily driver, go OEM. I would not go cheap when it goes to tranny parts because if you aren't doing it yourself it is $600+ for labor. Cheap parts are not as reliable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I have to go with a new flywheel. My question is if it comes with the flex plate and new bolts or do you have to buy separate?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Manual transmissions do not have flex plates. Those are for automatic transmissions. I am not sure if the flywheel comes with new flywheel bolts. I know new Fidanzas do, but not sure of anything else.
I bought these and they worked perfectly for my fidanza flywheel:
OEM NEW Ford Racing Mustang GT 4.6L Manual Flywheel Bolts M6379B N808969S100 | eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/251617285312)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey, I know this is a fairly old thread but I need help. I am change my clutch out (using an Exedy clutch kit) and I want to replace my flywheel (not resurface it). Where can you get a new OEM flywheel? I cannot find one anywhere!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts