Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
My name is Chapin (or Cudi) and im from a small town in Iowa. Im a senior in High School, and cars have always been what i love. I really love drawing and cars so i hope to move on and become an industrial designer. I currently work as a detailer at a local shop, so i get to clean my cars alot ;). My first car was a 1999 Galant GTZ and i loved it! (ill include a pic) But recently i aquired a 2000 Eclipse Gt. when i got it i didnt know where to start. i dont have a picture of when i first got it, but lets just say she wasnt looking pretty. Basically i just wanted to say hey, :wavey: and also thanks for all of the help i'll be getting on here. I know a bit about cars, but i would love to learn more of the things that you learn with hands on experience.
Thanks you guys, and thanks to the veterans on here, from your most technical posts to your most simple, you guys truly help and educate us.

"Mod" List

* New stock headlights (just wanted to stay nice and clean)
* 1 pc brushed aluminum grille
* Removal of ugly ass gold pinstripes
* several buff and machine polish jobs

Future mods

* DROP IT!
* Spankin' new clear corners
* 1st gen TYC's

FIRST! My old galant :)
[/IMG]

My Current Car:
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm definitely not a fan of large wings, under glow, and other things of that sort :). If that's what you mean buy fucking it up haha

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like you've got a perfectly clean stocker :) Don't fuck it up!

PS - I'm a senior in industrial design and currently planning on going to graduate school for automotive design ;)
*edit - and you're from Iowa. Wow... where?
Youre living my dream man! :) I'm from dyersville, you might know it as the town with the field of dreams.. Haha. I'm about 2 1/2 hours from Ames.. I would imagine you're at ISU..? I'm getting ready to apply :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Little Update**

I got accepted at Iowa State University (if anyone cares)

and now im working on picking up some 1st gen tyc tailights and a set of evo 8 wheels. let me know what you think/ if theres any better wheel choices out there for the money.

thanks! :)

·
Aple juic is my beer
8,831 Posts
Congrats :wavey:
I think you should get some EVO 9s or some MR BBS wheels
I hate to agree with soupboy here, but evo 8's are being a little overplayed here. Be original with a wheel choice if you can.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I'm not a fan of the evo wheels on the eclipse either. It's a good quality/value wheel for track, but if you're just going for 'looks' there are thousands of other options out there, so I'd try to step out of the box a little bit on that.

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like you have a tan interior. If you do, I'd consider swaping stuff out to convert to black. The tan ages poorly, IMO.

finally, are you missing your side vents or are they painted red? I can't tell from the pictures. If they're missing, I'd look to replace those asap.

All that said, the car looks great and it looks like you do a great job keeping up with the detailing. I'm sure you'll do very well with the car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not a fan of the evo wheels on the eclipse either. It's a good quality/value wheel for track, but if you're just going for 'looks' there are thousands of other options out there, so I'd try to step out of the box a little bit on that.

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like you have a tan interior. If you do, I'd consider swaping stuff out to convert to black. The tan ages poorly, IMO.

finally, are you missing your side vents or are they painted red? I can't tell from the pictures. If they're missing, I'd look to replace those asap.

All that said, the car looks great and it looks like you do a great job keeping up with the detailing. I'm sure you'll do very well with the car.
the side vents are actually like mesh inside of there rather than the plastic pieces and yes they are infact painted the color of the car.. i think it looks alright, and i could always sitch it out if needed. thanks for the input! :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats :wavey:
I think you should get some EVO 9s or some MR BBS wheels
ok, im just really looking to get some clean looking rims the same color as what the stock ones are. A lot of people do black accents and suck and i decided i was gonna go with a silvery type look, with clear corners and the brushed aluminum grill and whatnot.. thanks for the advice! :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

theres a guy in my area with these wheels for really cheap.. they arent great but i could get them for cheap and possibly just trade hime some stuff. think they would be worth picking up? thanks!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts