Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like I'll be making the transition to civilian life after about 11 years in the Air Force. I'm going to be staying in the Charleston area since the wife is still going to be active duty Air Force.

If anyone knows of any positions that will be open in the next few months, please let me know. I haven't completely decided what I want to do yet...no offense, but I'm definitely not looking to work at McDonalds or something. I'm thinking I'd kind of like to stick to more of an inside job, although I'm not really feeling the secretarial type jobs either. Basically, I'm looking for something I could possibly turn into my next career.

I can post my qualifications/certifications if you'd like. Let me know if you have or know of anything...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Charleston has a lot of growing companies, more specifically in the government/Communication field. I have received several job offers from the area for IT, Technical positions.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Charleston has a lot of growing companies, more specifically in the government/Communication field. I have received several job offers from the area for IT, Technical positions.
My only "concern" there is that I personally don't think I have what I'd consider to be a lot of IT experience...maybe I do and just don't know it, I very handy when it comes to using computers, and can figure a lot out on my own, but I've just never worked with or researched network setups, etc...

The majority of my experience is in Emergency Management, Chemical/Biological/Radiological/Nuclear & HAZMAT response & protection, mechanical, and teaching/course development. Ideally, I'd love to land a teaching job, but won't have my BA until about October...I have an appointment next week with a representative for the Troops to Teachers program though. I'm open to new job areas as well, I just don't know how much actual experience is needed for those jobs...

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
Charleston County Emergency Preparedness Division

Cathy Haynes, Emergency Preparedness Director
Shawn Jones, Sr. Project Officer
Phone: (843) 202-7400 FAX: (843) 202-7408
Lonnie Hamilton III, Public Safety Building
4045 Bridge View Drive
North Charleston, S.C. 29405-7464

Berkeley County Emergency Preparedness

Tom Smith, Director