Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was wondering, if was looking to put in a turbo in a gt what the cheapest it could be done for? Im not looking for crazy 400hp stuff just a nice power boost from what i have. Also im fairly good with engine work how hard is a bolt on turbo to install? Thx after all its summer time might as well do something :agreed:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Anybody that has done F/I on the gt will tell you that it is not cheap! But im not sure what you consider cheap?

·
V8 > 3G
2,717 Posts
something like this would probably be the fairly cheap. the pic doesn't include intercooler piping which would be the biggest expense besides the turbo itself. a side mount intercooler from a 1G would be adequate and cheap. a blow thru MAS would also be needed. i'd say in order to run 5-6 pounds you could probably do a setup like this for under 1500.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Hey guys i was wondering, if was looking to put in a turbo in a gt what the cheapest it could be done for? Im not looking for crazy 400hp stuff just a nice power boost from what i have. Also im fairly good with engine work how hard is a bolt on turbo to install? Thx after all its summer time might as well do something :agreed:
:uh:

rear mounted turbo on a 3g now that would be sick
:uh:

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
something like this would probably be the fairly cheap. the pic doesn't include intercooler piping which would be the biggest expense besides the turbo itself. a side mount intercooler from a 1G would be adequate and cheap. a blow thru MAS would also be needed. i'd say in order to run 5-6 pounds you could probably do a setup like this for under 1500.

I never understood those turbo set ups. All the rocks dirt road salts would just tear that thing up.

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
WOW, you guys would be really surprised, rear mounts work really well when done right and not by some ******* in his shed. That guy has his filter in a really bad spot, most of the time it's tucked out of the way of stuff.

·
SR20DET Powered..
188 Posts
There is no such thing as a 'cheap' turbo setup for the Eclipses.

Reliability = Not Cheap
Crappy Unreliable Preformance = Cheap

Its just how things work with 3g Eclipses, generally. But if you mean $3000 cheap, thats just about the lowest you could spend. Don't go eBay 'cheap.'

Hope I helped you out man.

·
damitsumasta
957 Posts
I have about $35k in parts and Im still not done with my setup so be ready when the price goes well past what you were expecting to get into.

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
I think he was exaggerating

I have maybe 15-20 into my entire car and that's pretty much modded head to toe with a build motor and a sick ass turbo kit. You can build a cheap kit for around a G if you know where to look and have the hookups for labor

·
damitsumasta
957 Posts
No I have about $35k in the whole car but not including the car itself. I already re sprayed it and everything under the hood is one off. Not another turbo like it in the world. Its worth about $5k by itself because of all the tests it went through to get it done and flowing right. Trust me my build was not cheap and Im still not done with it but after Im done with the motor and heads I hope to make well over eight hundred at the wheels and still have a/c and power stearing for a street car. But we'll just have to wait and see.

·
damitsumasta
957 Posts
35k!!! u could have bought a 600+ easy supra.
Yeah I could have but whats the fun in having something that someone built or already has. To me thats no fun. Im doing something that will hopefully beat the crap out of those cars(the bpu's supras anyways).;)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
No I have about $35k in the whole car but not including the car itself. I already re sprayed it and everything under the hood is one off. Not another turbo like it in the world. Its worth about $5k by itself because of all the tests it went through to get it done and flowing right. Trust me my build was not cheap and Im still not done with it but after Im done with the motor and heads I hope to make well over eight hundred at the wheels and still have a/c and power stearing for a street car. But we'll just have to wait and see.
I like your enthusiasm but 800? why would you want that much on a FWD? Your going to be spinning all the way to 5th!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts