Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Road trip down the interstate and my Service Light Comes on, so i pull off, check the gas cap, pop the hood. nothing strange. I keep driving and mileage is fine (replaced all 4 O2 sensors a few monthes ago) and the engine wasn't overheating or making any noises. Get to where I'm going and swing into Advanced Auto parts to use their scanner and it's not powering on. They said it was a fuse issue that may be triggering the SES light and not letting them run diagnostics. the user manual doesn't show anything obvious, so i call the local Dealership and the guy says he's never heard of a fuse not letting them diagnostics on a car. I'm thinking it could be user error on Advance's part, but going to check the local Autozone when i get home tonight. Anyone have to deal with this, ideas?

·
Medic/Firefighter
1,346 Posts
yea it sounds like it my be just the autoscanner...next time you do it make sure your car is on, dont start it up. turn the key to the on position then hook up the scanner. if the scanner doesnt work try holding it in while its hooked up so it can have a good connection.

·
CreepnIn The Shadows
4,426 Posts
Try another dealership. Some cars do have a fuse for the datalink connector. If that fuse is bad any code reader/scanner won't power up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
went to another Advanced and their machine flickered for a few seconds, then turned on. i think it may have been a little more Operator Error than anything. thanks for the ideas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts