Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
F.U.B.A.R.
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone experience chest pain right in the center where the two plates come together (middle of chest)after working out? I have been working out for about 9-10 months now and I'm really starting to notice chest pain. I don't feel it unless I try to put both of my shoulders closer together in front of my chest and sometimes if I pull my shoulders apart from each other towards the back I get a little popping sound in my chest. Is this normal? :confused:

·
Unemployable
3,617 Posts
When I was a little younger and working out more frequently, my chest would crack a couple times a day. It didn't really feel very good but it would happen and then it was over.. so more of an annoyance than anything. I had a friend with the same issue, so I just figured it was normal for people who work out :dunno:

·
F.U.B.A.R.
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh alright, yeah it goes away and I don't feel it at all. Usually after I'm done benching it comes back. Thanks for the reply

·
Call it Karma
2,782 Posts
Weird. My chest just started doing the same thing. It feels like my sternum just randomly pops every now and then. Sometimes I feel like I really need to pop it but it just wont go.

·
Registered
384 Posts
the pec major which is the prime mover in most chest exercises connects along the sides of the sternum so it makes sense that you are sore there after a chest workout.

if it is mildly sore for 24-72 hours after your workout i wouldn't worry, if it is more pain than soreness i would reccomend that you go see your doctor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts