·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 03 gts v6 looking for a performance chip trying to find a good brand

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,972 Posts
No. Any chip interferes with the self tuning availability of an OBD 2 system. Take it to a Dyno shop and they can flash the ECU for you as they tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
i've done a bit of digging for my 01' RS 4G64, Everything i've found has been proven garbage and a scam. If you want power for your car. Don't be cheap about it, you'll end up with a blown engine. Save the money, Forged internals, and boost it = Power. My opinion based on my findings. Wouldn't want to see anyone get scammed for $300 for a $0.05 resistor and a LED light.

If the money isn't there, Look into data logging, Learn how your car preforms and its stock parameters and get it tuned to squeeze out what you can. Best of luck Drew89.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've done a bit of digging for my 01' RS 4G64, Everything i've found has been proven garbage and a scam. If you want power for your car. Don't be cheap about it, you'll end up with a blown engine. Save the money, Forged internals, and boost it = Power. My opinion based on my findings. Wouldn't want to see anyone get scammed for $300 for a $0.05 resistor and a LED light.

If the money isn't there, Look into data logging, Learn how your car preforms and its stock parameters and get it tuned to squeeze out what you can. Best of luck Drew89.
Had the car for a long time just hit 62k miles. I need to change alot of stuff on her now, she all orignal. I never saw the point lol till I need to. So as in changing out part was thinking of trying to up the power a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts