Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Stocker
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys, little back story on her, she's a GS and I got a great deal from a friend who offered her to me for $2,100 with 110,000 miles on it, everything working, though the sunroof jitters when opening, and the back speakers sound as if there are 2 million BB's trapped inside the case when the bass hits (replacing the back speakers this weekend). I have installed new tweeters and mid range speakers in the car, but other than that, it's all stock lol. I named her May.

·
Stocker
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
keep in mind that when you take the tweeters out, you will need a crossover since it is rumored that the crossover in the eclipse is in the tweeter, if you dont, your tweeters will burn out very quickly like mine did.

·
Stocker
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not bad. I like the red. Catch up on all her maintenance (timing belt, plugs, so forth) and give her a good scrubin'.
Thanks :) and I'll look for maintenance threads, but if you have any in mind please link me, and yeah, the roads up here are saltier than McDonalds fries, and actually its pretty clean due to the wax job i did, but as soon as i can, im cleaning her up.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
At 110,000 miles, you are approaching the 2nd timing belt change interval (every 60k). If you don't for sure know it has been changed, I'd move that to the top of your list of things to do.

·
Stocker
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At 110,000 miles, you are approaching the 2nd timing belt change interval (every 60k). If you don't for sure know it has been changed, I'd move that to the top of your list of things to do.
alright, ill start doing some research on that

·
Aple juic is my beer
8,831 Posts
Nice pickup.

As others stated maintenance should be your number one priority right now. You should make sure that the car is mechanically sound before you put upgrades into it.

Now to answer one of your original questions, the sunroof jitter is a common problem on this car. Some have been able to lube the sunroof track to get it to stop. I tried that once and it never worked. I have lived with it since I've had the car.

·
Stocker
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice pickup.

As others stated maintenance should be your number one priority right now. You should make sure that the car is mechanically sound before you put upgrades into it.

Now to answer one of your original questions, the sunroof jitter is a common problem on this car. Some have been able to lube the sunroof track to get it to stop. I tried that once and it never worked. I have lived with it since I've had the car.
Yeah, I'm going to do that next, I have to take it to a shop here soon because idk the lat time this thing was given some TLC, so as soon as i don't have to work all weekend, I will, so maybe here in a couple weeks :) and as for the sunroof, we tried lubing it with a number of products and nothing worked, but as long as it opens automatically, im happy :)

·
Stocker
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright, the speakers are installed! AND SOUND GREAT! Photos of the installation below :) because of the installation, i got 25 more hp out of the car :lol: jk :lol:

seats out

first side!

first speaker in, ran into a small problem, could have the mesh covering the speaker, but we just took it off and it fit :)

found some relics under the seats, these are old! lol

putting everything back! does anyone know what that thing in the middle is?

ALL DONE! :D HUUUUUUUUUGE THANKS TO "kx" FOR STEPS ON HOW TO REMOVE THE BACK SEATS AND PANELS :)

·
Super Moderator
4,743 Posts
Of note, you don't have to change the belt at 60k miles, it's recommended for Cali Spec cars, but the part numbers and everything is the same as the Fed spec that said you could go to 100k miles. It'll save you some bucks if you plan to own the car a stupid long time like myself. I had mine replaced at 93k and there were no cracks or issues, second replacement came at 153k only because the car had to go to the dealer to diagnose and replace the CPS and I figured while they were at it I would have them do the belt and water pump again.

·
Stocker
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Of note, you don't have to change the belt at 60k miles, it's recommended for Cali Spec cars, but the part numbers and everything is the same as the Fed spec that said you could go to 100k miles. It'll save you some bucks if you plan to own the car a stupid long time like myself. I had mine replaced at 93k and there were no cracks or issues, second replacement came at 153k only because the car had to go to the dealer to diagnose and replace the CPS and I figured while they were at it I would have them do the belt and water pump again.
Oh okay, and yeah, I want this thing to last a lonnnnnnnng time, and I don't think none of the previous owners replaced timing belt, so I'll probably have to do it

1 - 20 of 111 Posts