Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally received a set of clear signal lights for the front end of my Spyder... @Sisyphus58 kept telling me I should do this, so I hope this makes him happy. I have to admit, they look fantastic. Now all I have to do is order the bulbs in this link
Wheel Vehicle registration plate Car Tire Vehicle

· Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed a small cap beside the light bulb in the original signal light. One has a red cover over it and the other is green. Does anyone know what these are for?

Automotive lighting Sleeve Audio equipment Gas Personal protective equipment

· Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I thought...to let the heat out, but why the different colour tape (red and green) Maybe that just for left and right? I need to know, so my cat don't die.

· Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SO : my special white/amber light bulbs arrived, and I have them installed. I have the lights on in the video...notice that the right side is clear, but the left show a hint of orange because of the amber bulb.

· Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I guess I did not explain myself good enough... In the video, I put the white/amber bulb on the right side and left the amber bulb on the left to show the difference in bulbs. After the video, I put both the white amber bulbs in. When I have my lights on, the signal light are just white...but when signalling they turn orange. @Sisyphus58 talked me into getting clear lenses... I forgot to say thanks for that...so thank you, @Sisyphus58 ... I took it a step further and got the special bulbs..

Picture of running lights...

Car Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

Video with hazard lights on

· Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm sure with a little bit of wit, the lenses could be changed, but I'm going to leave them right where they are. Feels like old man winter will soon be upon us, so time to put away my toy. Having a real hard time finding storage this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts