Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
OnePO'dPuertoRican
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i bought this car 2 mondays ago and it has been in an accident that was 100% the other drivers fault... it is soon to be going to the shop and see if the mechanics can see what has happened... if the frame is bent... its gone.... if its fixable they will let me know... here is a pic on how it looks...

·
54,328 Posts

·
OnePO'dPuertoRican
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
u wanna know the sad thing about this... the other person... drove a white ford mustang 2012 and only had a scratch of paint off and some of my paint.... no fking dents or anything!!!!

·
OnePO'dPuertoRican
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so far i havent received a phone call from the auto body shop... might be being worked on...

·
OnePO'dPuertoRican
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If that is 500$ less than what you paid for the car that's an amazing deal

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I bought it off of a friend of mine that had to get rid of it.... 1k is how much i bought it off of him for =) so hopefully i get that right amount of money if not, imma have to negotiate bc was in good condition...before the accident that is xD

·
54,328 Posts
You should get more than $1000 for it, you don't have to accept their first offer. Feel free to haggle, worst case they say no and you take their first offer anyway. Look up the Blue Book value for private sale to see what it should have been worth before the accident, they should offer somewhere near that but more than trade in value. If they offer less than trade in value, haggle.

·
OnePO'dPuertoRican
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You should get more than $1000 for it, you don't have to accept their first offer. Feel free to haggle, worst case they say no and you take their first offer anyway.
iight so i should pretty much say after they say...." SO we are looking at a trade value of 2500 for ur car" ... i pause for a second... "The thing is that I just got this car about two weeks ago and i just did a lot of tune up work to my car and have just placed my sound system within the car and now having to get it removed is going to be a hassel. along with the fact that i just searched the KBB value of the car and in fair condition its around 3100...and at excellent condition its aroind 4100 with the ammount of mileage i have o the car... and also iv been looking around online and multiple friends of mine have been noticing some of the same cars for around 4500, and you see, im kind of trying to look for the same car since i did just join a community forum all about Eclipses and would like to get some more support within the long run about it... and it doesnt help that this car was pretty much my dream car.. and now its gone and really wish i could get another one back..."

·
OnePO'dPuertoRican
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hope you come out on top, 1k is a steal and far below kbb value which should be what the insurance should pay out based on
i kno it was a steal bc.. to be honest.. outside of the car was ok some scratches here and there... but under the hood locks normal... but it wasent for the fact that he has changed every single thing under the hood with brand new items, water pump, timing belt, transmission modifications, short shifter, etc etc nothing to ricy but hell it was freaking awesome. just plain and simple

1 - 20 of 67 Posts