Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
i would love a 350z... but to be honest, how would i be able to afford one if im only getting 3500 0.o? lone? payments? whats should it be xD i dont have any credit.. should i start it on a car?
If you don't have someone co signing with you that has an established credit, you are going to get rape in the black cherry many of times.

If you can get a co signer than I would recommend it. It really shot my credit score up the charts, that and about 3 credit cards.

There's a lot of factors. Do you have a good job, do you have any cash sved up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
lit up
4,334 Posts
i would love a 350z... but to be honest, how would i be able to afford one if im only getting 3500 0.o? lone? payments? whats should it be xD i dont have any credit.. should i start it on a car?
then you should really get a credit card or two.. as long as you can figure that you can afford to pay it off within a year or two--it's fine to get a 3-5 year loan with means to pay off early-- that's how i worked it-- paid off within a 1-1/2 years on a 3yr loan.. but if you're barely swinging enough for the payments, then it's probably not a good idea..

There are easier ways to establish credit. And don't mod a car until its paid off has always been my rule. I think we would all want a 350z and a supra in the garage
you couldn't pay me to take a supra. they are attention whores of the car world.

·
OnePO'dPuertoRican
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
seems like i might be looking at a Spyder... anything i should look for into this car as its a convertible? What should i be looking for in defects and stuff?

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you don't have someone co signing with you that has an established credit, you are going to get rape in the black cherry many of times.
If you can get a co signer than I would recommend it. It really shot my credit score up the charts, that and about 3 credit cards.
There's a lot of factors. Do you have a good job, do you have any cash sved up.
All of this. When I bought my Stratus as a 20yr old kid with NO clue about anything relating to financing I ended up in a first time buyers program through a local bank which helped me get the car loan w/o a co-signer. What I didn't know at the time was the interest rate....16%. My asshole hurts to this day.
Worst case if you can get into something like that is take the hit for a year or two with that horrible rate and use it to build your score and credit history(I had a great score but 0 history) and refinance it later through a bank or credit union at a FAR better rate.
5 years later my credit score is in the mid 700s and lenders dont even hesitate to approve me.

·
lit up
4,334 Posts
seems like i might be looking at a Spyder... anything i should look for into this car as its a convertible? What should i be looking for in defects and stuff?
don't. look harder for a hard top.. i'm so tired of my convertible, the only reason it's still around is because it's not worth anything anymore and it still runs fine...

·
Hammer Time!
18,119 Posts
if the car were 10 years newer, the ragtop wouldn't be so bad, but with the age, it's just another group of things that is wearing out...
So much this. I'd avoid a convertible unless the top has been replaced recently.

·
OnePO'dPuertoRican
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
gts means nothing except that it's an 03-05 3.0 v6... 5spd is better then auto, but i still think my convertible argument trumps that..
ok....fine..... then i gotta keep looking... idk if id be able to get around finding a hard top one for 2500... the guys is only wanting that much lol he just bought himself a new 2013 camaro

·
OnePO'dPuertoRican
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
a new top is about $1200, and don't forget the maintenance, so it's closer to $4k once all that is done..
oh damn... damn well thats my last resort... ok but now im also looking at a Mint Condition 3000GT... and was wondering what i should be looking for... it has about 149k miles on it and i have seen recently added pictures of it... even tho it has been garaged and only driven 1 or two days of 3 out of the four seasons besides summer times... he used it mainly as a summer car... and he has been the only owner too

41 - 60 of 67 Posts