Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*cue music*

It's here. Round two of the famous health challenge!! Things will largely remain the same this time around, with some small differences here and there. Entry fee is up to $20 per person, and should be sent to me at dscisci at gmail dot com. This entry fee is now mandatory. We had too many people enter last time who we had to cut out of the competition. I think it partly had to do with no buy-in. I don't want people in the forums being able to look at other people progress and pictures just because they say they want in the contest. I would like to have entry fees by January 31st. OK. The rules:

This competition will be judged on the basis of the Best Overall Physique IMPROVEMENT over a 3 month period.

The Competition will officially begin on January 20th and end May 3rd.

1) Each Competitor will have his or her own thread in the Competition Forum where you will be required to post your pictures. This forum will be opened within the next couple of days.

2) You will be required to post your pictures and metrics at least twice per month. These metrics are bodyweight, pictures and measurements. For gainers, bodyfat percentage should be included (this figure is helpful for all actually).

3) The posting periods are as follows: The 1st-10th and the 15th-30th of each month to post. You will have until midnight EST on the last day of the above periods to have your pictures posted. NO EXCEPTIONS.

4) You will be required to post a Front, Rear, and Profile picture each time. That’s 3 pictures. You will be required to have a piece of paper in the picture detailing your username and date. You can write it on your forehead with a sharpie if you want. On that note, you don't have to have your face visible in the pics. You may also wear clothing of your choice but make sure we can track your progress, so avoid baggy clothing. Please shrink your pictures down to a decent size before posting. If you are going for loss, the pics should be relaxed. If you are gaining, you may post flexed pics. You get three chances to miss pics. Well, two actually. The first one is a freebie, and won't hurt your scoring. The second one will cause a disturbance in the force, and will be noted in judging. The third results in disqualification.

5) Once per month, you must report measurements of the following areas:
Waist at the navel
Chest at the nipple
Hips at the widest point
Thighs
Upper arm
Neck
If you do not wish to post these figures, you may PM me or Cam with the numbers. You can invest in a bodytape that makes this very easy, or a simple, cheap fabric tape measure you can get at the drug store.

6) The Judges will be Admin and Moderator’s from this forum and will be allowed to Compete.

7) Judging will be based on overall improvement using actual weight percentage lost, or percentage gained/bodyfat lowered. In your first post you need to detail your overall goal for the period. it must be a healthy improvment.... be that gain weight/muscle, lose weight/cut down. Winner will be the one who makes the most overall improvment...not who looks the best. We may split this between losers/gainers

8) These rules may change slightly to better suit the contestants

9) If ANYONE posts someone elses pictures anywhere else on this site (OT) or any other site for comedy or any other purposes will face a Perma-Ban. NO EXCEPTIONS. This should not need to be said either, but any malicious ridiculing by anyone, contestant or otherwise will result in the same.

10)Supplements - We're ok with legal supplements. I.E. anything you can buy at GNC. It would be helpful to know what you are on, and whether it has positive effects or not. We will also take into account their use from a judging standpoint.

That's all the rules for now. Ok, to enter, read the following and sign your name. You can also PM me if you'd like to enter somewhat anonymously.

I, the undersigned, agree to all of the above rules, and agree to bust my ass, stay motivated, and foster a healthy competitive atmosphere. I pledge to keep my thread updated, follow the rules, and stick with it beyond the end of this competition. Sign me up!

·
Chalk City Bitch
14,263 Posts
I, the undersigned, agree to all of the above rules, and agree to bust my ass, stay motivated, and foster a healthy competitive atmosphere. I pledge to keep my thread updated, follow the rules, and stick with it beyond the end of this competition. Sign me up!

- Shelly -

:woot:

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
How do we calculate bodyfat percentage?
We have one of the digital things from WalMart, but I have heard they are inaccurate. Is there an alternate way that you recommend?

·
Trip Like I Do
10,371 Posts
I am in.

On thing, I don't have paypal to send in the money. :sad: Could I possibly have Shelly or Timmay send it in with theirs?

·
1,150 Posts
We have one of the digital things from WalMart, but I have heard they are inaccurate. Is there an alternate way that you recommend?
bodyfat calipers are the best way IMO

Also, do you hear that? Sounds like a back to back championship! :wiggle:

I'M IN!!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I need to be in round 2. Not enough people around home here to help keep me motivated. :)
Hah, same here... i've got a secret up my sleeve for this competition :)

*Edit* Oh, and i'm in. I'll get that money paypal'd on Friday after I get paid :) (i'm a broke-ass)

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They aren't incredibly accurate, but if you are consistent with the time of day that you use it, it'll work. I check my b/f at night before bed, and my weight in the morning. Bodyfat measurements by scale is very dependent on hydration level, so its most accurate in the afternoon or night.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts