Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up with people making 58923748932674 threads and only putting one item in it? I think everyone that has posted more then one thread a day in the for sale section should get banned. Its completely clustered and unorganized.

·
Premium Member
14,943 Posts
Yeah, lol, I was going to move it as soon as I saw the thread preview. Off to suggestions.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Well, MOST of those threads are from Vendors. Personally - most messageboards have a seperate section within the For Sale section for Vendors to post all their stuff. This seperates business sales from personal sales and also divides New vs. Used products for the most part.

I think that would be the most logical first step to the solution. :)

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, MOST of those threads are from Vendors. Personally - most messageboards have a seperate section within the For Sale section for Vendors to post all their stuff. This seperates business sales from personal sales and also divides New vs. Used products for the most part.

I think that would be the most logical first step to the solution. :)
Yea thats one step we should take. Another would be to ban the idiots who have 80 threads on the first page for example cranemansteve, EclipseSpyder, etc. Seriously I have no idea why they couldnt have just put everything in one thread instead of making seperate threads for each item. If they get something new to sell they should update their old thread.

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
Having a subforum specifically for the vendors isn't a bad idea. I believe the idea was also proposed quite a while back, and it might be a good time to go through with it. As for those that have a lot of threads over a certain period of time, we can't really limit the number of threads that can be created, but a rule will probably be added in order to address this issue.

·
I now has Mitsu AWD.
701 Posts
That sounds like a great idea. Separating vendors from private sellers would help those searching for specific things. I know some people prefer buying from vendors since their parts are brand new, as opposed to buying from a private seller and getting something used. Also, the trust issue would come into play. Vendors are trusted sellers, whereas private sellers can be shady (unless of course they've gotten a lot of positive feeback in the Good Guy/Bad Guy section). There are plenty of positives that would come from doing this.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Yes, definitely give vendors there own section to post/spam. Hell, I'm a vendor and even I think its a bit ridiculous to overflow the page with this stuff. New products from companies should be within their own subforum and let the regular members selling items used be seperate.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
My only suggestion would be to have it top level. Rather than as a subforum, have the marketplace consist of:

Auto For Sale/Wanted
Vendor Marketplace
Group Buys
Good Guys/Bad Guys
Parts Reviews/Opinions

Sub-forums really have very limited visibility and most don't even know they exist. I think that would impact vendor sales and also member awareness of various options available.

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
Quite true. I'm trying to not add anymore stuff to the main forum page; if you haven't noticed, we already have quite a bit of categories and forums on the main page. I'll keep it the way it is for a while, and if I feel the forum isn't getting enough exposure or the threads viewed in there is less than normal, it'll get bumped to the front.

·
Fear my erep power
4,294,967,295 Posts
I agree with making it top level.

I do see where you are coming from with adding forums. I myself hate alot of stickies, but I think its still a good idea in this case

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.