Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Wow, those cylinder walls seem so close together. Pretty amazing the car doesnt have problems while running boost for long periods of time.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
That's a sizeable amount of pressure as well as CFM of air going in that engine. With those cylinders being so close together, I think there will be some problems with these engine when they really push these cars. :dunno: IMO

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
That's a sizeable amount of pressure as well as CFM of air going in that engine. With those cylinders being so close together, I think there will be some problems with these engine when they really push these cars. :dunno: IMO

No.

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
That block looks like it was carved out of a solid aluminum billet. So I would think they would have to sleeve the block with steel or iron. The sleeves would increase the distance between the cylinders. BTW, coold vid. +1

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
I just saw there was more than 8, and assumed it was 12. My bad.

And whats the benifits of running 16 cylinders? Its not even 500cubic inch....

I'd take a big ol' big block blown over that engine, and make that 1000hp for around 25 grand, instead of this million... but I guess thats not the point of the car is it?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just saw there was more than 8, and assumed it was 12. My bad.

And whats the benifits of running 16 cylinders? Its not even 500cubic inch....

I'd take a big ol' big block blown over that engine, and make that 1000hp for around 25 grand, instead of this million... but I guess thats not the point of the car is it?
The point is to have a road car that can do 250 mph.

·
I r bad spellr, stfu
4,028 Posts
The point is to have a road car that can do 250 mph.
RELIABLY

Anyway, any moron can get 1000hp out of a engine capable of it. Hell look at all the 1000hp+ Supras, Mustangs, Muscle cars etc. Getting that power to the ground in a usable way is the hard part. Most of those Supras are a 12 sec car at best, Veyron's best is sub 10 sec. 0-60 in well under 3 sec. Has A/C, stero, leather, and looks the part. :bowdown:

As stated before, ya I could get the Goat to 1000 hp for a lot less but there is no way in hell I am going 250mph even if I could in a GTO. Furthermore I fall back to FATF. Vin and Duche in the Supra, some other guy in a Ferrari. Ya the Supra won, but the other guy is still driving the Ferrari in the end!

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
RELIABLY

Anyway, any moron can get 1000hp out of a engine capable of it. Hell look at all the 1000hp+ Supras, Mustangs, Muscle cars etc. Getting that power to the ground in a usable way is the hard part. Most of those Supras are a 12 sec car at best, Veyron's best is sub 10 sec. 0-60 in well under 3 sec. Has A/C, stero, leather, and looks the part. :bowdown:

As stated before, ya I could get the Goat to 1000 hp for a lot less but there is no way in hell I am going 250mph even if I could in a GTO. Furthermore I fall back to FATF. Vin and Duche in the Supra, some other guy in a Ferrari. Ya the Supra won, but the other guy is still driving the Ferrari in the end!
I gotcha :hug3:

·
CAD jockey
677 Posts
RELIABLY

Anyway, any moron can get 1000hp out of a engine capable of it. Hell look at all the 1000hp+ Supras, Mustangs, Muscle cars etc. Getting that power to the ground in a usable way is the hard part. Most of those Supras are a 12 sec car at best, Veyron's best is sub 10 sec. 0-60 in well under 3 sec. Has A/C, stero, leather, and looks the part.!
:agreed:

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Very nice video. I learned to do a lot of that stuff in college and at my first job. Its pretty amazing what you can make with a computer, a CNC machine, and a piece of metal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts