Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im looking at coil on plate but unsure if there worth it? or even how to install them im guessing they dont connect to the original wire slots? any info would be great please help guys thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers mate for that but it seems very hard and didnt quite understand about the last review? i have to move things and timing and ......... is there an eaisier way? is it really worth the effot
?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a pretty sweet setup, and now it's way cheaper than when I bought one ($500).

The coils are wired up just like the factory coil packs. Three wires do it all. It's a cinch to cut the factory pigtail off the coilpacks and splice it to the three wires that this setup comes with. Of course, maybe there is a connector supplied with it now, but I don't see it disclaimed anywhere.

This plate sits in place of the factory spark plug cover and uses the factory bolts to hold it down.

Be sure to put a bit of dielectric grease on the ends of the boots, as it's a tight squeeze over the ceramic ends of the spark plugs. Take care while removing this too, as the ends of the boots may pop off and stick to the plugs. Pulling gently while twisting the boot will help it to come off.

No more ugly, failure prone spark plug wires. Plus, no more idiotic coil packs to drop bolts behind and lose. You will need to remove the fuel rail part way to get the coil packs out of the factory location.

It's also tough to use a clamp-on inductive timing pickup on these. If you are trying to use a timing light, you can get it to work, but you have to open the pickup up and hold it open against coil number one to be able to read the magnetic field generated by the coil. Be patient and move it around! You'll get it!

THIS IS A REVIEW ON THE COIL ON PLATE SETUP CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL HE IS ON ABOUT? THANKS??????????????????

·
mr. old school
84 Posts
the COP set up doesnt add any power per say, it smooths out the power curve of your car make it run alot better, and with the short coil to plug distance it helps keep strong voltage to the plugs...helping against detnation and blow outs..very worth the money..i just ordered one my self.. DSMtuners might be a good site for more information.. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts