Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Whip Game Proper
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im interested in buying a cold air intake for my 2002 eclipse gt. I was wondering if someone can post a photo of a cold air intake with a bypass hooked up, just so i can see how it hooks up. i appreciate it

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Here you go. The directions say you have to cut the tube to make the bypass valve fit, but you don't. I hope this helps

·
Whip Game Proper
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot. now is that adapter piece necessary thats right before the bypass valve because the intake that i was going to order doesnt come with it

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Yes. The tube for the intake is connected to the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAS) at that point. The adapter is needed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ive been thinking about getting a cai and a bypass filter but i was just wondering if i got an aem cai and an aem bypass filter do i need to do any custom cutting or welding or anything like that to install it?

·
Relapsed.
1,811 Posts
ive been thinking about getting a cai and a bypass filter but i was just wondering if i got an aem cai and an aem bypass filter do i need to do any custom cutting or welding or anything like that to install it?
nope aem should fit aem just fine. Then again i own a injen intake with a hydroshield so im not 100%

1 - 8 of 8 Posts