Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eclipse 2003 gts convertible with leather seats has destroyed seats, here in Mexico it is very difficult to find the replacement and I wonder if the seats of another car are compatible with this one, or which ones do you recommend
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
517 Posts
Why don`t you take your seats to an upholsterer. I have heard that some of the best upholsterer`s come from Mexico... Wish I was there to help you out but I live in Ontario Canada... Here`s a pic of my 01 that I did the upholstery on.

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
517 Posts
Remember.. you don`t have to have the seat re-done in real leather.. you could have them refinished in a Vinyl lookalike leather. Much cheaper and actually better for a daily driver .
This is the vinyl.... Promo Vinyl Black Fabric
This is leather...... Carroll Leather HOLIMAN RAVEN Furniture Genuine Leather Hide Upholstery - DecorativeFabricsDirect.com
As you can see by the price of at $9.00 per foot it can be very expensive . It generally takes two hides to do front buckets and real bench seats . Lets say the hides are 45 square feet. That would be times $9.00 would be $405 per hide .... or $810 for leather... and say 10 yards of leather look vinyl would be around a $100.00 ..
Hope this helps you make your decision ...... Best of luck...........

·
Super Moderator
4,771 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
517 Posts
I was quoted $1900 to reupholster my seats, all black. Leather centers and vinyl the rest just like factory. 😳
I find that price a little high . For genuine leather you can expect to pay around $400. to $500. per hide.. I can get the same leather for $150 a hide so my price to do front and back seat would be much lower...

·
Low and Slow.
1,853 Posts
I find that price a little high . For genuine leather you can expect to pay around $400. to $500. per hide.. I can get the same leather for $150 a hide so my price to do front and back seat would be much lower...
Raleigh, NC area. I know its skilled labor but still was too high.
You kidding? I paid 1400 for the whole car lmfao ;d
I paid $450 for mine. No way I'm paying 4x for just recovering the seats.

·
Registered
2002 Gray Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
15 Posts
You have to take in count that we’re in the US, where everything is more expensive because they think they’re the best so the cost is higher. Ugh 😩. Damn arrogant Americans.

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
517 Posts
Well Buttercup ... I mean Butterfly I cant agree with you .. Right now your American dollar is $1.25 Canadian .. so things are more expensive in Canada eh .. I converted my Rockauto order from $357.89 Canadian over to American funds at $285.90 US .. A difference of $71.99 ... Plus it cost more to ship to Canada so I believe things are more expensive over here eh .
And those poor folk in the UK ... my heart goes out to them .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts