Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So lately i've been having the problem with random colored lines showing up. When it started it would only last a few minutes. Now I can't get rid of them unless I shut completely down for like 3 mins. and start back up. I don't think it's the monitor.

Maybe the included pics with clear up what the actual problem is.

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
Try removing the drivers of the video card and install the Windows version that comes with the operating system. Also maybe try to update the drivers and see what that does. It might be also that the video decoder is getting bad.

·
GO SOX
352 Posts
That definitely looks like a bad or badly connected video card. First reinstall your video drivers (download them, uninstall, restart, install) from either your computer manufacturer's site (if you have a pre-built) or the video card company's site (if you built the computer or are using a custom/aftermarket card).

If that doesn't fix it, open your computer and make sure the video card (unless you have onboard video, then you'll need a whole new motherboard) is in its slot securely, most video cards are still AGP and will have a small latch that is supposed to hold the card in place (you can figure out which is the card by seeing which card your monitor plugs into).

If none of that works, you'll need a new video card. It also could be the monitor, if you have another desktop plug the monitor into another computer and see if you have the same issue, if not, then it is definitely the card.

It might be also that the video decoder is getting bad.
...what? He's not watching any videos (the only times you'd be using decoders) in either screenshot, and decoders don't just decay (though they can fail randomly).

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
As well as what everyone else has said.. its either a VC driver issue. The VC itself. Or a mobo issue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts