Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remember what filter size is the inlet for Vortech V-5 G Trim. I think its 3.5" inlet size. What filter size do you guys use, mine decided to dislocate itself somewhere on a bumpy road. :hspin:

·
Registered
48 Posts
It is a 3.5" inlet. I'm using an AEM dryflow filter, 3.5" inlet, 5" filter media length. AEM part #21-204DK. Its pretty close to the original size filter that comes with the SDS kit, just not as tapered at the top.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 3.5" inlet. I'm using an AEM dryflow filter, 3.5" inlet, 5" filter media length. AEM part #21-204DK. Its pretty close to the original size filter that comes with the SDS kit, just not as tapered at the top.
Thanks, e-rep to you.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just bought a K&N replacement filter. Part# RU-2520

It has a 4" inlet which will work perfect with my CAI piping since I will just add about 3" section of aluminum tubing then mount the filter.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
holy mo.... that is one clean set-up does it run as good as it looks?
Runs great :) Maybe because I run the Haltech. :)

21psi @ 7250 rpm. Hauls ass, however my ACT heavy duty isnt handling the power anymore. If I mash the gas then it will slip in 1st and 2nd. Soon time for a upgrade.

H

·
0 Posts
Runs great :) Maybe because I run the Haltech. :)

21psi @ 7250 rpm. Hauls ass, however my ACT heavy duty isnt handling the power anymore. If I mash the gas then it will slip in 1st and 2nd. Soon time for a upgrade.
Nice ride Clipse.

I see you're using the water/meth kit, but what are you monitoring intake temps with? I assume that's the intake temp sensor right next to the meth injector. Still, with your boost and RPM range, are you even considering a water/air intercooler? You already moved the battery, so you could fit one there. What are your intake temps like? I know the Votech puts out over 230 deg. F (even below the recommended max. RPM for the blower).

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice ride Clipse.

I see you're using the water/meth kit, but what are you monitoring intake temps with? I assume that's the intake temp sensor right next to the meth injector. Still, with your boost and RPM range, are you even considering a water/air intercooler? You already moved the battery, so you could fit one there. What are your intake temps like? I know the Votech puts out over 230 deg. F (even below the recommended max. RPM for the blower).
Yes, the IAT is about 3" after the blower and then I have the meth injection and after is the BOV. So when I let off the boost and extra meth just goes out the BOV, instead of puddling up. My temps never go above 180F even with 21 PSI. However, I do plan on getting a water intercooler once I upgrade to a V1 and possibly a 6g74 in the future. I know I have enough room for one so it wont be a problem, even getting a smaller one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts