Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having an issue getting my ECUFlash to read my ecu, I plug everything in and I've read that it needs to be on a com port but when I go to my device manager the tactrix cable shows up seprately from my ports (in fact I don't have a listing for ports at all) and there for can't get ECUFlash to read anything on my car. I have the 2.0 cable and I've put a sdcard in the OBDII conecctor with a logcfg.txt file and it wasn't logging to hat either, from what I read here in the forums it should just log when it starts up since I have absolutely no parameters set. I hope to get this resolved soon so I can start at the very least data logging so I can learn more about my engine before I try to tune it.

I appreciate any help provided to me

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had originally thought that the standalone data logging was just kind of plug n play, I was wrong. I needed to actually set parameters within my logcfg.txt file which I got off of openecu.org, that helped a a lot. I'm still looking into trying to get my Win 10 laptop to connect to my ECU. I'm thinking that I may need to use something with Win 8, as I don't remember seeing Windows 10 being supporting when I downloaded ECUFlash.

Is there anyone here who uses ECUFlash on Windows 10? Have you had any issues or does it read/connect?

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Windows 10 is very incompatible. Most old shitty windows 8 laptops work great with ecuflash however. The software language is very old (the ecu language is ancient history), chances are windows 10 will never support it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up. I was coming to the conclusion that I needed an older version to do anything with it. I just tonight did my first data logging so I could at least see what needed to be done and I have ungodly amounts of knock so I'm going to be looking into a win8 or win7 laptop this week.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the 2.0 and as you can see from my picture in my opening post that it doesn't read correctly, I've tried ECUFlash and mitsuscan and neither will register anything from the car. I'm getting a product key from my dad for Windows 7 later today so I can put that over my Windows 10 lol.

·
54,327 Posts
Anyone know if it'll work in a virtual machine of Windows? I would assume as long as there's USB pass through setup it should work, but VM's are picky beasts at times and stacking stuff up can cause problems.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I know im reviving a thread, however i use my 1.3 and 2.0 with windows 10 (64bit). I had to change ecuflash to open in compatibility mode with windows 8 and it has worked perfectly ever since. not sure if you have tried since it was not stated.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Little bit of an update on this thread that I started, I don't exactly think it's my computer. I have since bought EvoScan and I'm able to read from that, but still haven't been able to get my rom off my ECU, I've been debating going to the junk yard and pulling one to see what I can do about trying to just read something off another, not running it.

After writing my little thought, I saw

I know im reviving a thread, however i use my 1.3 and 2.0 with windows 10 (64bit). I had to change ecuflash to open in compatibility mode with windows 8 and it has worked perfectly ever since. not sure if you have tried since it was not stated.
I haven't tried that, I will try that after work and post my results. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to run it in compatibility mode when I realized that I had installed Windows 7 a couple months ago (I don't use the laptop much) and remembered that it didn't help anything at all, I think I will grab another ECU from the junk yard to see if it's my computer or my current ECU.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update

After so long I had given up on trying to read my ECU, then my car kind of broke down so I hadn't thought about it.

After much time I finally sat down again and went over everything I needed to read my ECU, and it turns out that when I bought my OP2.0 I was too excited to get the Mitsu reflash adapter.......

That's all I needed, just the reflash adapter, after getting it in the mail today from EvoScan everything works as it should.

Thanks for all the help everyone :facepalm::facepalm:

For anyone wondering, ECUFlash works with Win10 just fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts