Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Out Sailing!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, so we've been doing these contests for a little over a month now. What do you all think? Is it working? Do you like the themes? do you like the process?

Should we change anything? We can make a pool of themes if people want, so everyone submits a whole bunch of ideas, and i can randomly select from that pool. Or we can keep leaving it up to the previous winners.

What about format? Is this working for you all? Are you getting enough time to take photos, and to vote on them?

Let me know if you want to see any changes, and what you guys think.

Mostly, i hope you're all having fun taking and viewing some great shots.

Thanks guys...and keep it up

Sail

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
Sail,
I think these contests are great. Sort of a natural extension to the 'photo of the week' thread. They make everyone concentrate on making the best photo they can, or at least striving to. At least for me, the timeline is fine. I find my gears spinning in my head all week, and I procrastinate a lot. For instance, this week, I didn't get my idea until I woke up this morning. Then it took me all of 10 minutes to shoot it. More time would just make me change my mind more, or procrastinate more. I'd like to see some more entries, but I think that will grow over time. I also like the 'winner choses a theme' idea. So far, the themes keep getting better. It's like a photo class - you start with something VERY broad, like black and white, and now we're getting to the more subtle stuff. Good job.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Sail,
I think these contests are great. Sort of a natural extension to the 'photo of the week' thread. They make everyone concentrate on making the best photo they can, or at least striving to. At least for me, the timeline is fine. I find my gears spinning in my head all week, and I procrastinate a lot. For instance, this week, I didn't get my idea until I woke up this morning. Then it took me all of 10 minutes to shoot it. More time would just make me change my mind more, or procrastinate more. I'd like to see some more entries, but I think that will grow over time. I also like the 'winner choses a theme' idea. So far, the themes keep getting better. It's like a photo class - you start with something VERY broad, like black and white, and now we're getting to the more subtle stuff. Good job.
I completely agree. I've only entered a photo in 2 contests so far, but I really look forward to seeing the new themes and what everyone can do with it.

·
Bicoastal Traveler
8,555 Posts
I think it's working out just fine the way it is, and thanks for taking the hosting duties!

·
Out Sailing!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries...i'm happy to do it. Just wanted to make sure everyone else was enjoying it.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
I love the idea, it's just too fast for me.

I take a lot of pictures - over at friends at Thanksgiving, and again at another turkey feast the next day with some others. A day out in the fresh snow yesterday. A couple days worth of travelling Minnesota and also wandering downtown St. Paul and Minneapolis while my cousin was in town. And another trip up to a graveyard. Several hundred shots just since the contests started, but I never have anything that fits the theme. I think I would given a little more time.

But that's just me, I'm slow I guess. Seems to work for everyone else, and I'm sure I'll eventually have something that coincides with a current contest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts