Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sort of in a bind as to what to do with my cooling fans. I want the to turn on remotely with the amp and the only way to do this is use the remote wire. the fans are 12v computer fans that draw .14-.15 amps and there are 4 of them. the problem is is that the remote wire is only a 12v reference and wasnt deisgned to operate multiple functions. I also have a mono-block and a 4 channel amp so all my speakers minus the tweeters and center channel will be powered by amps. another option is to run the entire remote system through a relay and switch which would give me the option of turning on my amps/fans myself.

after doing some searching around through the electrical system on the GTS, I thought about using the factory infinity amps power supply. I'm just not sure if its remotely activated by the factory head unit and if so I'll be able to tap into it without issues. however, since I wont be using the disc changer this might pose as a problem. I just need to find out how to splice into that powersupply so i get a remote turn on for my amps and fans. any ideas/ information would be greatly appreiciated....especially from the moderator.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
use a relay. the remote wire is the trigger for the relay. I think that would be the best option.
I agree that this would be the best option. Just a PITA as you would need to run another power wire to feed that relay and those devices. Most relays will be good up to 20-30A.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts