Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Functionally Retarded
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought some VHT Nite Shades to black out my corners and 3rd brake light. I tried it once on some extra rear corners and they came out terrible because I didn't rough them up with sand paper. This time I did sand them before and I got a real nice even coat but I think I over did it and they're kind of scratched up now. I don't really feel like sanding all the paint off with a finer grain and restarting so my question is will enough clear coats fill in the scratches or do I need to restart?

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
So I bought some VHT Nite Shades to black out my corners and 3rd brake light. I tried it once on some extra rear corners and they came out terrible because I didn't rough them up with sand paper. This time I did sand them before and I got a real nice even coat but I think I over did it and they're kind of scratched up now. I don't really feel like sanding all the paint off with a finer grain and restarting so my question is will enough clear coats fill in the scratches or do I need to restart?
You should of only needed 320 grit or more when your roughing them up. I just wetsanded mine with 2000 grit before applying 3 liberal coats of Nightshades then 2 coats of clear.

You will need to really sand them down because paint in general cant fill any scratch very deep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts