Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i bought my car with like 75,000 miles 6 months ago and since then i have put almost $3500 into it. But i really want to clean up my engine bay which is loaded with corrosion and a little bit of surface rust.

Valve cover, hoses, radiator brackets on top, engine bay its self, and a lot more. Its not too severe but i want it cleaned up.

Any suggestions on doing so?

I will put SS hoses, polished valve cover, and the diamante intake and TB.

And i recently broke a bolt off the top radiator bracket due to it corroding.
I will re-tap it?
I want to clean up everything an replace all bolts that are visible and have signs of corrosion.

G

·
you shouldn't have that much rust at all. do you live by the ocean or something? best bet is to just replace whatever is corroding. and maybe treat it with a high heat sealer. to prevent it from further doing this.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought it off a guy who used it for a work car. I live in the Ohio Valley (FILLEd with coal mines, power plants, ect.) and at these places there is a shit load of acid rain and bad things in the air.

And i do not know about the 7 year warranty. How do i find out?

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Generally if you have a warranty, it's kept in the glovebox with all the other non-sense. If last owner didn't give you any warranty papers, I'd imagine a local mitsu dealer could pull up your vin number and see info like that.

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Best thing to do is retap your hole and they make sure you use anti seeze on your bolts whenever you put something back together. I know how Ohio winters can be on cars, but if you take regular care of it they will last.

Also get things powder coated if you want them to look nice. It takes time but It can look good.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, i love your engine bay. Im doing the same to mine, and that is why i was taking the brackets off, to paint them. lol

but i will give the stealership a call tomorrow. (But probaly Monday, cuz i dont think they are opened on sundays)

Thank you for the info

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
That sort of thing isn't covered by any warranty. The anti-corrosion warranty is for the chassis and body. I'd say grab a wire brush, some limescale cleaner and put a little elbow grease into it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts